1|1|Ji-soo's Concern

Previously

I didn't reply because this was not the time or the place. I chose to simply look out of the window, looking at my school one last time.

I guess I am no more a teacher now.

Presently:

The moment I returned back to their mansion, I saw Ji-soo waiting on the couch, staring at her fingers. My shoes clicked as I stepped inside, looking at her in concern. 

Ji-soo was acting very unlike her and I really needed to talk to her. I quickly removed my shoes and put them in the big shoe rack, switching them for my fluffy bunny slippers that Jin had got for me.

Jungkook stepped inside and didn't bother saying anything to me. He went up the staircase without a word and I ignored his rudeness since I didn't want to deal with him at the moment either.

I walked over to Ji-soo, who looked up at me with a sad face. I grabbed her hands and tugged her up. 

"Let's go to my room and talk," I said to her with softened eyes. She nodded and I quickly dragged her to my room and locked the door behind me. "Have a seat."

Ji-soo sat down on my bed once I pushed her towards it. She didn't say anything while I changed my clothes quickly before sitting next to her. She sat leaning against the headrest and I sat leaning against the footrest(?) so that we were facing each other.

"What's wrong?" I asked her.

"Aren't you... angry with me?" She asked in a timid voice. "After all I did?"

"After all you did?" I was confused. "What did you do?"

"(Y/n), you don't have to be so nice!" Ji-soo whined. "I, I feel so guilty about all of this."

"Guilty?" I repeated, my concerns increasing. 

"I'm so sorry, (y/n)," Ji-soo said. "If I hadn't fallen for Hoseok, you wouldn't have been dragged into Bangtan. I know how you feel about trouble, and I didn't double it; I increased it ten times."

"Oh. Oh, oh!" I finally understood her problem. "Is that what's been on your mind? Is that what's eating you?"

"Well, yeah," Ji-soo seemed a bit confused. "Is there anything else that should be eating me?"

"No, no, it's just," I said quickly, "It's just that I don't need your apology. How could you have known that this will drag me in? It's not your fault, Ji-soo."

"See? You are always putting my mistakes under the bed," Ji-soo pointed out. "It makes me feel so guilty, because I know that you know that I am in the wrong. And I know how much this is bothering you. You don't show it, but you hate all this. I know you like your comfort, and this dark side is anything but."

"You're right, Ji-soo," I said with a smile. "You know me well. I don't like this. I don't really like major changes, but I can adapt. Sure, leaving my job, giving up our home that holds all our memories; that hurt. But so long as I am with you, it doesn't matter where I end up in the world. You are the only family I have, Ji-soo. I would gladly give up my life for you."

She looked touched at my words, but I meant every single sentence I spoke. I took her hands in mine, my smile widening a bit.

"You make mistakes, and that's okay," I continued speaking in a gentle voice. "If you make mistakes, I will be there to help you through them. And when I make mistakes, you will be there to help me through them."

"That day is never coming," Ji-soo claimed loudly, pointing at me accusingly. I laughed at her pouting face, as she continued, "You don't make huge mistakes. You only make small ones which don't need me."

"Well, I do try to keep out of trouble," I said teasingly. "And you are the troublemaker. That's why we fit each other, right? We complete each other. You are the half I am not, and I'm the half you are not."

"I just- I love you a lot, (y/n)," Ji-soo said sincerely.

"I know, Ji-soo, I love you too," I said with a wide, bright smile. 

"When they brought us here, I fought with Hoseok that evening," she said with saddened eyes. "I tried to tell him to let you go but he refused and remember our first dinner here? We both came after fighting, so we were a bit late. Though I see now why he won't let you..."

"Oh? Why's that?" I asked her, raising one eyebrow. She smiled and pulled me into a large bear hug.

"Because I can't imagine living here without you," she said into my ear. "You're my constant, (y/n), you've always been the one person who's been there for me through thick and thin. And even now, in this unfamiliar world, you are the only one who can truly understand me. Thank you. Really, I mean it."

"Thank you, Ji-soo," I said, tightening the hug. "You're my constant too. And you need to make up to Hoseok. He brought me here because he cared for you. He knew that you will be wrecked without me."

"I know," she pulled away, looking at the window guiltily. "I have to make it up to him... And I know how to, so it'll be okay."

"That's my girl," I clapped her on the back and stood up. "Now, I wanna have a bath. You want to join me, or do you want to go to Hoseok now?"

"I'll join you," Ji-soo stood up as well. "I love your massages. Plus, we need to catch up."

"Yeah, we do," I agreed and immediately took out two pairs of clothes from my closet since we both were the same size.

Ji-soo filled the large tub which could fit atleast 2 people in it with warm water and in a few minutes, the two of us were inside it.

Just like the old days.

●❦●

Updated/Published On:
8th June 2020
08/06/2020