1|4|First Mission

1|4|First Mission

Previously:

With that, he left me in the room, the bottle of alcohol one third remaining across me. I stared at it in silence.

Jeon Jungkook. Just who am I to you?

Presently:

"... careful because it's your first time and I'm honestly reconsidering why I ever thought you would be perfect for this job-" Jimin's rambling was interrupted by a very amused me.

"I'm okay, oppa," I told him as I checked out the dress I was supposed to wear. It was black, with glitter and sequins at some parts that accentuated the curves and glorified the dress. It was beautiful and strapless; not the kind of dresses I wore.

"It's a small job, but it's important," Jimin said worriedly. "Look, any mistake on your part can somehow end up leading to harm Bangtan. And I don't know if the others can forgive you for that."

I felt uneasy at his words and my eyes flickered towards his concerned face.

"Um," I didn't know what to say. I couldn't just say now when they had obviously trusted me – somehow. "I..."

"Don't pay attention to him," Taehyung announced as he entered my room along with Jungkook. "He's just a worry wart because he kinda messed up his first job. He's still too hard on himself for it and doesn't want you to fail."

"Just listen to what I say and do what I say and you'll be fine," Jungkook assured me. I fiddled with the dress in my hand, my stomach clenching due to my nerves. "Now, just wear that dress and Ji-soo-noona will do your make-up and we leave in an hour."

With that, the three gave me thumbs up and left. I locked the door behind them and quickly changed into the dress. Ji-soo came five minutes later and we spent the next half an hour working on my face. When she was done, I barely looked like me.

My normally wild hair was now extremely straight and fell down my back. She had done a simple hairstyle and tied a few strands behind my ears to the back of my head so that the hair won't come in my face.

I wasn't caked in make-up but it was visibly there. My face scrunched at that because I didn't like make-up much. It was a trouble to take it off. 

"You look beautiful," Ji-soo gave me a thumbs-up and I smiled at her nervously. "Hey, don't be nervous. You'll do amazingly."

"How're you so sure?" I asked, sighing as I rubbed my forearms. "I'm not used to seducing anyone, Ji-soo. I can't flirt. Who are we kidding? I should've just said I can't."

"Are you done?" 

Before Ji-soo could reply, Jungkook had opened the door and stepped in and was looking at me through the mirror. His eyes roamed from my head to my toe before he nodded.

"You look ready," he said. "Let's go. Jimin wants to tip you before we leave."

I glanced at Ji-soo as I stood up; she just nodded at me reassuringly. I followed Jungkook, taking deep breaths. I had to do this well, or Bangtan...

For some reason, I didn't want Bangtan to be in danger because of me. They weren't exactly bad people; sure, they killed people and stole and did drugs, but when they were together, they were a family. I didn't want to harm this family.

"...se your lips, you understand?" Jimin's voice broke me out of my trance. He was looking at me worriedly. "Your lips. They are your strong point; they're plump and if you use them correctly, they can help you seduce. Your hair! Play with your hair a bit, show you're interested in him, play him up, butter him up-"

"Jimin-hyung, she's fine," Jungkook interrupted him as he opened the car door. "It's time for us to leave. Rob's driving you, right?"

I didn't know what to think. My mind was blank the whole ride to the bar where we had to seduce the members of this other gang and tranquilize them when we get the chance so that they can be brought in for interrogation. It didn't sound that hard, but they were professionals and I was worse than an amateur.

"...isten up!" Jungkook's snapping tone made me jump as I turned to look at him. He sighed before raking his hand in his hair. "Sorry for snapping. But you have to listen to me if you don't want to die."

"I'm sorry," I said genuinely. "Please speak."

"Once we reach, we will wait for them to enter," Jungkook said after giving me a quick glance; his eyes ran back to the road immediately, and I was thankful for that. "Five minutes after that, Jimin and you will enter the bar. Try to blend in as best as you can– make sure they don't realise."

I listened attentively, not wanting to miss anything.

"I'll drop in a few minutes later," he continued as he took a left. "As soon as you see me, move in on him and start seducing him. Take him to one of the bedrooms and before he can do anything, stab him with the tranquilizer. I'll be right behind you, to protect you if he realises your plan and tries to attack you, so don't worry, okay? I've got your back."

The car came to a stop and I could see the bar's neon sign shining in the dark night. My eyes flicked back downwards just in time to see our targets go in.

"Thank you," I whispered as I moved the rear-view mirror to face me. I checked my face one last time. "I trust you to keep me safe. Do I look ready?"

"Absolutely," Jungkook nodded and gave me a rare smile. "What about me? Do I seem normal?"

I gave him a weird look and looked him up and down. He was wearing a suit, but he looked so good in it, I don't think it classified as normal. I blushed inwardly at my thoughts but outwardly, I cleared my throat and kept a passive face. 

"You're... okay," I said in a slightly reassuring tone. "I should go in now?"

"Yeah, let me just contact Jimin," he clicked on the 'radio' and a second later, Jimin's voice drifted out of it. 

"Jungkook-ah?" His voice sounded worried to me. "(Y/n)-ah? We need to go in. I'll go in first, you follow my steps a minute later."

Jungkook responded positively and I opened my car door, my hand on the handle as my eyes carefully observed Jimin stepping out of the car and going to the bar's entrance. He showed his fake ID to the burly man outside and entered. I took a deep breath and stepped out, trying to act casual to my best.

I clasped onto my purse tightly as I neared the burly man. He raised an eyebrow and I immediately scrambled to take out my fake ID. I showed it to him and he nodded before letting me in.

My breath stopped as the doors opened and I stepped inside the dark room that flashed with blue, green, pink and purple lights.

Here goes nothing.

●❦●

Updated/Published On:
15th June 2020
15/06/2020

A/n:
Just wanna say a quick thank you to all of you for reading, voting and commenting! ❤