6

We dry off and walk over to a rock ledge to sit on. Richie brought his boom box so we listened to some music. [bust a move- young MC]

Me and bev laid on our towels, relaxing. I look over to the boys and see them quickly look away. Making me laugh.

"enjoying the view boys?" I asks

All of them go quiet until richie speaks up, "Whyd the fuck would we look at the view when we could look at you!"

"I mean.." I say- mentally face palming myself.

I get up and sit in between richie and stan with eddie on the floor.

"New flash ben! Schools out for the summer." Richie says in his bad british accent.

"Oh that? that's not school stuff."

"Who sent you that!" I say grabbing the post card.

"no one. Give it... no one." He says snatching it out of my hands.

"what's with the history project?" Richie asks pulling out a folder.

"oh... well. When i first moved to derry i didn't have anyone to hang out with, so i just started spending time in the library."

"You went to the library? On purpose?" Richie asks

"oh. I wanna see." Bev says getting up and sitting next to bill.

"what's the black spot?" Stan asks

"Wasn't that, that night club that got burnt down?" I ask

"Yeah, by that racial cult." Eddie adds

"y-y-your hair." Bill says looking at bev.

"your... your hairs beautiful beverly." Ben says

"oh. Right. Thanks." She says smiling.

"awkward." i whisper to richie as bill stares at ben.

Richie holds up his fingers in a triangle shape. I nod at him- "definitely" I laugh.

"Here, pass it." Richie says- breaking the awkward tension.

"why's it all murders and missing kids- bit grim don't you think." I say

"Well, derry's not like any other town i've ever been in before. They did a study once and found out people die or disappear six times the national average."

"you read that?" Bev asks

"That's just grown ups- kids are worse. Way, way worse. I've got more stuff if you wanna see it?"

"no, no." Eddie softly says- shaking his head.

We get our clothes back on, and ride to bens house. When we get there we all throw down our bikes.

Richie places his down, eddie next to his- as he puts it down he falls over richie's bike.

"oh my god, eds!" I laugh, running over to him. "I'm fine." He says. He turns his elbow to see he's bleeding.

"shit."

"Your bound to have something for that in your there fanny pack!" I say

"don't freak out, just tell us." Eddie says as we walk up to bens room.

"Yeah. I heard he has a rollercoaster and like a pet chimp." Richie says

"and old guys fucking bones."

"bones yeah!"

"woah. woah. woah. Wow!" Richie says

"cool, huh?" ben asks