23

We arrive at the town hall/hotel. Ben, bev, richie and eddie all behind me.

"Let's get our shit and get the fuck out of here." Richie says

"did you leave your stuff here?" Eddie asks ben.

"No, my stuffs still in the car."

I quickly run up to my room, and gather all my stuff together.

"Eduardo, Andale lets go!" I here richie shout.

I make my way down the stairs and into the room, bev, ben and richie were all standing in.

The atmosphere seemed, tense.

"wait, what?" Richie asks

"i can't do this." Beverly mumbles

"She knew how stanley was going to die, is that what she just said?"

"What?"

"you can't just walk away from this." Ben says following bev.

She starts tapping the bell on the front desk, but no one was here.

"how do you know how he killed himself? Bev? Talk to me. Like we used to, come on how did you know."

"Because i saw it." Bev says, "I've seen all of us die."

"Well shit." i mumble

"i just gotta grab my toiletry bag then we can go." Eddie says placing two massive suitcases on the floor,"what i miss?" He asks confused.

"Okay, what do you mean 'you've seen us all die'?" Eddie asks while passing up and down the room.

"Because i've got to be honest, thats a fucked up thing to just drop on somebody."

"Every night since derry, i've...." Bev says wiping a tear from her cheek, "having these nightmares. People in pain, people dying, people...."

"So, you have nightmares. I have nightmares. People, they have nightmares. But that doesn't mean, that your visions are true." Eddie says panicking, as usual.

"i've watched every single one of us this week,"

"Seen every single one of what?" Bill asks as him and mike walk into the room.

"The place that stanley wound up. That's how we end."

"okay, how come the rest of us aren't seeing that shit, what makes her so different?"

"charming." I mumble

"the deadlights." Mike says

"the dead lights..." Bill repeats, "she was the only one of us that got c-c-c-caught in them, that day."

"we were all touched by IT." mike says, "changed. Deep down like, an infection or a virus. That virus, it's been growing for 27 years, this whole time growing. It just got to stan first because..."

"he was the weakest." Richie says

"jesus richie."

"jesus christ rich." Bill says

"i'm saying what everyone else is thinking."

"i mean rich come on."

"what beverly saw, it will come to past. It's what will happen to all of us eventually, unless we stop it."

"how the hell are we supposed to do that?" Eddie asks

"the ritual of chüd." Mike says

"The what?" i ask confused

"the first ones who fought it, they have a saying: all living things must obey to the shape they inhabit."

"A tribal ritual?!" Richie laughs nervously, "are you fucking kidding, man?!"

"There's got to be another way, this thing comes back very what? 27 years. Let's kick the can down the road and do it then."

"We'll be 70 years old asshole." Eddie says

"i doesn't work that way." Bev says, "none of us make it another 20 years and.... the way it happens.."

Richie takes a shot.

"So if we don't beat it, this cycle.."

"then we die." bill says.

"horribly." Eddie says

"yeah i don't need the horribly part.."

"I didn't say it. She said, not me."

"Alright guys look. i've seen w-w-what he's talking about, and i-it's all true. It's the only way. If we want this ritual to work.."

"we have to remember." mike says

"remember what?" Richie asks

"it's better if i show you. We don't have much time. The cycle will end soon. And once it does.."

"we're fucked."

We walk down the old street of derry, down the field and across the barrens until we reach the forest.