Comfortable

𝐈 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐈'𝐦 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮.
~𝐋𝐚𝐮𝐯

On a Wednesday evening, Evie walked into the Hogwarts library with her potion supplies tucked under her arm

On a Wednesday evening, Evie walked into the Hogwarts library with her potion supplies tucked under her arm. Professor Slughorn had given the class a 8 inch essay that was due within 3 days. Evie found the topic difficult, so she decided to use the library as a way to focus herself entirely on the task. 

Evie had a special desk in the library; the one hidden in the back corner that very little people knew about. But today, the desk was occupied. By four Gryffindors.

Evie sighed as she eyed the mauraders, speaking loudly to each other. She moves towards a different desk, one that wasn't as hidden.

Evie placed her stationary on the desk and set down. She opened her Potions book and inkwell, getting to work instantly.

Evie read the information, dragging her finger under the words, slowly. Whenever she found an interesting piece of information, she wrote it down.

She worked for almost an hour, the voices of the mauraders constantly filling her ears. She finished her essay and began to read over it.

'Um-hey. Can I sit?'

Evie jumped at the voice, knocking the inkwell off the table. The owner of the voice caught it, thankfully, before it splattered all over the floor.

'Sorry,' Remus Lupin chuckled and slid himself into the seat neck to Evie. 'I didn't mean to scare you.'

Evie found herself smiling. 'Don't worry about it. I wasn't paying attention to my surroundings.'

Evie surprised herself by how calm her voice sounded.

Remus smiled again and placed the inkwell in front of Evie. He didn't say anything for a moment, which made Evie think he regretted coming over to her.

'You're doing the potions?' He asked. When Evie nodded, he continued 'Can I read it? I haven't been able to get mine done.'

Evie handed Remus her essay and watched as his eyes ran along the page. Evie cringed at her messy handwriting and wished she had been neater.

'Can you explain this to me?' Remus pointed to a section of the essay. 'This is the part I struggle with most.'

Evie nodded and pulled her seat closer to Remus in order to see the essay more clearly. She began explaining the information. Although her voice was clear, she became more and more unconfident in the words she had written.

'-and that's it, basically,' Evie finished. She looked at Remus, who was nodding slowly with his lip caught between his teeth.

'I think I understand it now,' Remus exclaimed. 'Thanks!'

'No problem,' Evie smiled.

'You should really be a professor,' Remus continued. 'You're good at explaining things.'

Evie shook her head, smiling lightly. 'I couldn't stand in front of 30 students and talk.'

'I'd say you could. If you put your mind to it, you can do anything.'

Remus turned his head towards her and their eyes locked. Evie felt oddly calm and comfortable. She usually got all flustered in situations like this.

They stayed in that position for a few moments until they were rudely interrupted.

'Hey Moony! Why do you keep running off?' Sirius Black bounded up out of nowhere.

Remus groan quietly so only Evie heard him. 'I needed help with my potions essay.'

'You don't need help with potions,' another boy with dark fluffy hair said. 'You're-like-90% brains!'

'Bugger off,' Remus said as the boy ruffled his hair.

The boy seemed to only then notice Evie. A goofy grin spread across his face as he reached his hand out towards her. 'It's a pleasure to meet you, Evelyn Garrick. I've heard so much about you.'

Remus nudged his friend in the ribs. Evie slowly reached to shake the boy's hand, avoiding his eyes.

'You too,' she squeaked. 'I-um-didn't  catch your name.'

The boy froze as Sirius laughed. Evie retracted her hand as she wondered what was so funny.

'Don't look so upset James,' Remus smirked. 'It's kind of refreshing that someone doesn't know who you are.'

Once Sirius had calmed down, he slapped Remus on the shoulder. 'We'll be in the kitchens. Meet us there when you're finished with your... homework.'

They left Remus and Evie in a silence. Evie put her essay into her Potions book and shut it closed.

'I didn't know students could go to the kitchens,' she wondered aloud.

'Well, we can't really but we found the entrance last year and have been going ever since,' Remus said. 'I can show you, if you like.'

Evie had to take a second to recompose herself after Remus' offer left his lips. Why would he invite her?

'Um-sure. That would be nice,' she smiled faintly.

'Great,' Remus grinned. 'It's better to go at night so we don't get caught. Meet me in the entrance hall at midnight?'

'After curfew?' Evie furrowed her eyebrows in worry.

'It'll be fine,' Remus leaned closer to her. 'I've done it a million times. I promise we won't get caught.'

Evie mulled over her options. Spend the night in her dorm with Petal or roam the halls with Remus at midnight?

'Ok. I'll meet you there.'