Christmas Cheer

𝐈 𝐰𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐚𝐬𝐤 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐂𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐬
𝐈 𝐰𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐢𝐬𝐡 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐬𝐧𝐨𝐰, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐈
𝐈 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐨𝐧 𝐰𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠
𝐔𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐨𝐞 ~𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐡 𝐂𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐲

𝐈 𝐰𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐚𝐬𝐤 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐂𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐬𝐈 𝐰𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐢𝐬𝐡 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐬𝐧𝐨𝐰, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐈𝐈 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐨𝐧 𝐰𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐔𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐨𝐞 ~𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐡 𝐂𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐲

Christmas at the Garrick's was a lovely time. Their decorations were small and modest, reflecting the family's personality perfectly. Besides Hogwarts, Christmas at home was one of Evie's favourite places to be, for she just loved her family so much.

Despite them being muggles, they did listen to every story Evie had to share, even though they didn't understand much of the language she used.

One of Evie's favourite parts of Christmas was seeing her little sister again. The second she stepped off the platform, Mila, a blonde beauty of 10, suffocated Evie with a bear hug. Mila was nearing the age of 11 but had not shown any signs of magical abilities yet. Evie was still hopeful that her sister would fulfil her role as a Garrick next year at Hogwarts. It was the little girl's biggest dream.

As luck would have it, Christmas came and went in the blink of an eye. Before she knew it, Evie was on Platform 9 3/4  again.

"Do you really think I'll be able to go there next year?" Mila asked, gazing at the scarlet steam engine.

Evie squeezed her shoulder. "Don't try force the magic. But don't give up either Mila."

Mila nodded sadly. After hugging each of her three family members tightly, Evie boarded the Hogwarts Express.

It didn't take her long to find Pippa, who had bounded up to her with her usual enthusiasm. They found their own compartment, beginning conversation about their Christmases.

"Tell me about the date again," Pippa cooed as the sun began to set.

Evie rolled her eyes. "I've told you like 10 times already."

"I want to hear it again," Pippa said. "Because it's so cute and you get so happy."

Evie chuckled but began the story nonetheless. She told Pippa everything, even though it made her blush profusely.

"And when you got back to the castle," Pippa burst in as Evie paused to take a breath. "He gave you a hug and a kiss goodbye!"

"Who gave who a kiss goodbye?" Came a voice from the doorway. James Potter has just pushed opened the compartment door and was followed into the carriage by Sirius and Peter.

"Remus, of course!" Pippa exclaimed. Evie wanted nothing more than her to be quiet.

"On the cheek!" Evie insisted. "He's not with you guys, is he?" She looked out the compartment door.

Sirius shook his head. "I'm afraid Remus fell ill over the holidays and will be coming back to Hogwarts later than planned," he explain, matter-of-factly. "But you two haven't kissed yet?"

Evie looked at her feet and muttered a pathetic 'no' while blushing hard.

James' mouth dropped open. "Now that has to change."

"I agree," Pippa said. "Oh my Merlin Evie! You should kiss him!"

"What?" Evie replied, horrified.

Pippa almost jumped out of her seat she was so excited. "You totally should! It would be the biggest plot twist in history!"

Evie was going redder with each second that passed. Pippa couldn't be serious. Evie couldn't kiss Remus, out of the blue.

"You should," James commented. "Mooney's one of my bests friends and all, but he does not have the confidence to make that move."

"Evie you should!" Pippa moved to sit next to her friend. "Both of you are just waiting for the other to make the moves. Just do it!"

"I can't do that," Evie cried. "That's not me!"

"Remus won't reject you, if that's what you're worried about," Sirius told her.

"Yeah," James continued. "He's smitten with you."

Evie smiled at the comment. Were Remus' feelings for her really that strong?

"Operation Evie kiss Remus is a go," Pippa announced. "We'll figure out the time and place, and you, Evie, just have to do the easy part."

Easy part, Evie thought. It's not like her hearts beating unnaturally fast just thinking about him.