The Hospital Wing

𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐢𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐚 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐞
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐣𝐨𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐨𝐬, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐰𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐨𝐟
𝐈'𝐝 𝐛𝐞 𝐬𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐢𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐞𝐟𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐞
~𝐂𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐎𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐭

𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐢𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐚 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐣𝐨𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐨𝐬, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐰𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐨𝐟𝐈'𝐝 𝐛𝐞 𝐬𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐢𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐞𝐟𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐞 ~𝐂𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐎𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐭

Evie had returned to the Hufflepuff much sooner than Pippa had expected, and the latter definitely did not expect to see her best friend in floods of tears, locking herself in the bathroom without an explanation.

"I'm so stupid," Evie had finally exclaimed after Pippa had been knocking at the bathroom door for 5 minutes. Pippa tried again to open the door, but Evie had locked it. "He didn't show up. I should've known!"

"Evie, please open the door," Pippa begged. "The other girls won't be happy if we wake them up."

There was silence for a moment, which made Pippa sigh deeply. Then, the door unlocked with a click and opened just enough for Pippa to slip into the bathroom.

Evie looked a mess; her eyes were puffy and red, her nose raw from blowing it. Pippa smiled sadly at her, trying to comfort her.

"I thought he actually liked me," Evie squeaked, wrapping her arms around her body as a method of self comfort.

Pippa threw her arms around Evie's neck, hugging her tightly. "I'm sorry Evie," Pippa said, holding Evie tightly as her body trembled. "I'm sure he has a good explanation."

He'd better.

Pippa had wanted to storm across the castle and break into the Gryffindor tower, and hold Remus hostage until he gave plausible explanation for hurting Evie like he did. And she almost did, if it hadn't been for Evie breaking down into tears again, begging her friend not to.

The next morning, Evie had taken a steaming hot shower. The water pelted against her back-having been turning to the highest setting-and washed away the tear stains on her cheeks. She dressed herself in her uniform and was half tempted to leave her curly hair damp, until Pippa offered to dry it for her.

The Great Hall was as busy as ever. For everyone else, it was just an average Friday morning and they were all chatting loudly as they ate their breakfast, excited for the weekend. In the room full of people, Evie felt incredibly lonely. She was barely able to get a slice of toast down her throat as the feeling of worthlessness, which she hadn't felt in weeks, quickly seeped into her bones.

"Stop Pippa," Evie breathed as she noticed her friend scanning the room with her brown eyes. "Just forget it, okay? I don't even care."