One: trauma

Jimin crouched on the couch, hunched over in the fetal position. His knees dig into his chest, pressing down hard that bruises were sure to form. His hands trembled, body quivering as if he was cold but that wasn't the case. He felt sick, stomach twisting and churning ready to expel the vile which burnt his insides. Tears drooled down his red cheeks in streams of fatal despair and self loathing.

It was his fault. He's the reason this happened. He did this to himself.

Those torturous thoughts swam through his head in cruel waves. If he had been stronger. If he had made sure all the doors were locked. If if if is all that came to mind. If things had gone different he wouldn't be on the ground crying and begging this was all a dream-nightmare he'd soon wake up from.

His throat caved in, closing until he couldn't breath, until he was suffocating on every inhale he took. His lungs stung from the brutal sobs he couldn't stop from coming. Every muscled ached, feeling stiff and rigid unwilling to move.

Flashes of his trauma invade his unstable mind, causing him to wince as the memories hurt. He couldn't relive it. Couldn't go back there because the pain was to much, the shame to bold in its destruction.

The sound of a firm knock on his door cracks through his torturous thoughts. His head with shakiness flicks to the door, gulping down his fear and anxiety he carefully gets up off the floor. He tightens his hold on the thin blanket which covers his bare body. His clothes still laid in a clump on the floor by the door where he was forced to remove them.

"Who is it?" He manages to choke out in a shaky voice, terrified to open it if it was him again coming back for more.

"It's the police. You called." A deep, steady voice replies back through the door.

Jimin with nervous steps walks towards the door, he carefully opens it to reveal a young women and older man police officers in a blue uniform.

"May I come in?" She gently asked, noticing how ruffled Jimin's appearance looked.

He timidly shakes his head without a word, allowing her in. He leads them to the living room, taking a seat on the couch. The male officer searched his small apartment going into the hallway and looking through all his rooms while the women officer looks around where they were, noting down everything she sees.

"You called the police about being attacked. Is the intruder still here?" She wants to clarify, being careful with how she speaks as she knows how delicate he must be feeling.

"No-I umm no he's gone now." Jimin chews anxiously on his inner cheek, keeping the blanket securely wrapped around himself.

"It's all clear, there's no one else here." The man confirms when he comes back in.

The women nods, taking the seat opposite Jimin, holding her notepad in hand. The man stands by the door, Jimin keeps a nervous eye on him.

"What's your name hun?" She gives him a comforting smile, keeping her voice calm.

"Jimin. Park Jimin." He kept his replies brief, not up to talking much.

"Is there anyone we can call?" She glances to her fellow officer when Jimin shakes his head.

He couldn't tell anyone. No one could know what happened to him. No one.

"Can you tell me what happened sweetie? Take me through the attack." Jimin winces at that word, it wasn't just an attack. The man took something from him he'd never get back.

"H-he...raped me." Jimin said in shame, feeling disgusting as he did.

Both officers share a look, the women takes a short breath before speaking.