Twelve: Trust

Ever have those moments where your life flashes before your very eyes? Screenshots from your childhood freeze in your mind. Memories you thought you'd never see again appear bright as day. It's almost like you're back there- in those moments reliving it again and over and over. Trapped in this cruel circle of continual torment. His lunges tightened and his blood pumped heavily through his veins.

That feeling. That terrifying paralysing feeling, Jimin felt in this moment. Flashbacks of his life reeled through his mind like old movie reruns. His head ached from it all. His mind was tired from the constant weight the past had. He was exhausted. So exhausted he barely function anymore. Life ticked by slowly and painfully sometimes he wished it would stop all together.

Was that bad? Should those thoughts really exist in his mind?

He didn't want to die. No. He wasn't suicidal more tired of it all. He's tired of pretending. Tired of surviving. He's just tired and wanted nothing more than to fall asleep and maybe never wake up. To him, waking up was something he dreaded but at the same time so was falling asleep.

"I don't understand?" He says after several minutes of silence.

He sat in hard uncomfortable metal chair, the walls a pale grey setting a mood he didn't like. He felt closed in-suffocated by the small space. He couldn't breathe in here and all he wanted was fresh air.

"I know it's hard Jimin, I can't imagine how hard this is for you but please. I need you to think back to that night." Jungkook sat opposite him, a sympathetic gleam in his eye.

Jimin clenches his jaw, his lips trembled but he refused to break down. He would be strong. He would be brave. He would be a man.

"It's not him. I'm telling you it wasn't him." He shakes his head, looking anywhere but the detective.

His stomach hurt, he felt as though any minute his guts would be plastered all over this nice table. He didn't like this conversation, didn't like what he was implying.

"Jimin ple-."

"It wasn't Tae!"

His fists clenched, tears pricked his tired eyes and his voice trembled. He didn't want to believe it, he didn't want to hear what Jungkook had to say. It just wasn't possible and he knew that.

"Jimin. I know you don't want to think about it but statistically speaking, more often than not crimes such as these are committed by someone the victim knows." Jungkook clears his throat, he was well aware he was tip toeing on very thin ice.

Tae's his best friend and imagining him being the one who assaulted him is near to impossible to fathom. But he had to ask the hard questions because that's his job. He didn't like it, of course he didn't but he knew what he signed up for when he decided to become a cop. Fighting for justice was never easy and asking questions like this will never be.

Tae to his keen eye screamed man of interest. There was something about him he couldn't quite shake off. He called into his work, just checking up to see if he really had been working the night in question.

"He wasn't the man who raped me Jungkook! Why are you accusing the one person in my life whose getting me through this." Jimin didn't want to be angry, he just didn't understand why he was bringing Tae into this.

He wouldn't do that to him. He knew Tae and he knew he wasn't the man who broke into his house, put a gun to his head and forced himself inside him. Tae and him have been friends for years, grew up together glued to the hip. Tae wasn't a cruel man. He wasn't a man who'd do something like that to him. He couldn't. He couldn't do that to him?