Eight: why me

Not edited my dudes🙃

The colour of police serine's stung the midnight air, blaring harshly against the dark black like sky. The world surrounding Jimin grew silent, almost as if someone had pressed mute on the world. Nothing anyone said nor the ringing of the city passed through the cruel smog that is smothering him until he couldn't breathe. He could only sit there, cradling himself in the passenger seat of Jungkook's car.

Stray tears trailed down his cheeks, eyes glistening in the moonlight. He hadn't even noticed he was crying, to entranced in this decaying state that's consumed him.

His skin crawled, fist clenching as he tried to calm himself down. He couldn't let this man hurt him again, make him weak like he's already done. He had to be strong, be a man because he clearly isn't.

"You okay Jimin?" The tender voice of the detective breaks through the layer of ice surrounding him.

Jungkook kneels down by the open car door, hands clasping his thighs holding back on reaching out to comfort the poor, trembling boy.

Jimin stiffly cranes his neck to the side, eyes gleaming in a pained tint. He looked cracked, broken as he gazed at Jungkook.

"Why is he doing this? What did I do? I don't understand why me?" His voice is croaky, horse sounding drained which he was.

He hated being scared all the time, constantly looking over his shoulder afraid of his own shadow. He's so tired of crying, of this feeling of disgust that washed over him, almost drowning him.

All he wanted is to be left alone. Been given time to grieve, to learn to love himself again. Yet even that seemed impossible, something from a dream he could never quite make come true.

Jungkook's heart completely shattered at that, it wrenched and ached at how discarded and abused Jimin felt. How the torment of his attacker is always looming over him, reminding him of the abuse done to him. He wished there was something he could do or say that could take away the pain, the bile which that is eating his insides. But he knew he couldn't, he could try make it better but couldn't change what had happened.

"I don't know Jimin, I'm so sorry. But you must know you have done nothing to deserve this. He's a monster, a disgusting man who I will bring to justice and make things right." And he meant his words, every single one of them. He was going to catch this man, save Jimin from the nightmares to which suffocated him.

Jimin can only nod at his words, giving the smallest, most pained smile. He could see the conviction in the detectives eyes, the soul crushing compassion swelling around the man's beautiful milky eyes.

He had to believe that. Believe that things would get better. That the man who violated him will be condemned and alienated like the monster he is. He had to believe that because if he didn't there wasn't any point in living, in trying to survive if all he'd ever feel is self hatred and pain.

He couldn't live like that. Because if he did that would surely kill him.

"Oh my god! Jimin! Jimin! No-let me see him. I need to see him." Tae's voice wails in desperation, trying to push past the young police officer who is blocking his way.

Jimin's eyes lurk over to the open parking lot, finding Tae getting blocked out by an officer whose in charge of 'guarding the scene.' He looks distressed, eyes manic as he desperately tries to get past.

"Let him in. He's fine." Jungkook informs the officer, gesturing him to allow Tae in.

Tae immediately storms through like a rogue elephant charging towards its infant. He almost skids across the damp gravel, stumbling on his two left feet. Jimin takes a moment to register its him, his mind to fogged up and groggy to comprehend the world around him.