*Twenty Three*

Y/N POV

I feel a lump form in my throat as Mr. case gestures towards an empty seat next to Caitlyn.  I follow him into the room, closing the door behind me and sitting down.  He's now behind his desk with his hands folded in front of him.

"Go on," he says, clearly interested in what I could possibly say to back up Caitlyn, or all people.  I feel myself full and look at him, trying to push away the uncertainty in my voice.

" Caitlyn... " I start again. "I don't know exactly all you know and why she's getting expelled and I could have nothing to do with it but I have a good guess.  As you may know Caitlyn has been cyber bullying me and my friends for a good amount of time." I glance over at Caitlyn who was hanging her head and Mr. Case nods.  I exhale softly at the fact that he already knew.  " I don't know how tolerant you are to cyber bullying or bullying in general but I don't know if it's enough for suspension.  I provoked her, I started dating her ex without even realizing it.  When she would bully me online I would give it right back to her but in person making me no better.  She could have gotten through to Elijah and maybe even became friends with some of the others but when I came she got jealous.  I don't know if Caitlyn would have asked the same with somebody else who he may date in the future but that's besides the point.  Everything she did was angled towards me because I was rude to her.  I'm just as bad and if you want to expel anybody, so it to me as well. " Mr. Case doesn't even move, he just stared right back at me.  Suddenly he smiles.

"Ms. L/N, thank you for speaking up about this matter but she's not getting expelled for that.  We understand that cyber bullying is bad and that was part of it but we found counts of her stealing from the school and people's dorms.  Though you are correct, what you did was wrong as well but it's not a punishable offense.  We may lift her time limit for the future and will not be permanently banned if that lifts your worries.  If you don't mind, I need to finish the paperwork for Ms. Lane.  And please, this is nothing that concerns you." I slowly stand up, speechless about what I'd learned and what I'd said.  Caitlyn stands up with me and to my surprise, hugs me.

 " I am so sorry, for reals this time. " she whispers and I smile weakly.  I still didn't like her but I could tell she wasn't lying this time.

 "Thanks." I whisper back before leaving the room and walking back down the hall.  When I pass the desk the last stops me and gives me a lecture about how disrespectful I was to ignore her and rush in uninvited to the point that Mr. Cade  had to step out and tell her it was okay.

 When I left the dorms I looked down at my muted phone and saw a series of missed texts and calls from Elijah.  I simply texted him,

~~~

Y/N - omw back to the dorms

E - where were you?

Y/N - had to do something tell you later

E - okay

~~~

I walked slowly back to the dorms this time, taking in the scenery as I did everyday.  I thought about life without Caitlyn.  I big deal of stress was gone but a pang of sadness stayed for some reason.  I don't really know how to describe it since I still didn't like her.

Maybe I would miss having somebody other than the guys to roast everyday.

 "Y/N!" I hear Elijah voice call and I realize he's sitting on one of the park benches outside the dorms.  I run up and kiss him quickly on the lips.

 " You're right, Caitlyn's leaving and there's nothing to do about it. "

"Did you go up to see her or something?" I nod with a grin on my face.

" Actually, yeah.  I felt bad for her, like it was my fault... "

"Y/N, it wasn't -" he tries to soothe but I cut him off , still grinning.

"I know, Mr. Cade told me.  But besides all that I just want you to know that I love you."

"Well that was random, " he said laughing and I playfully punch his shoulder.

"Rude!"

" I love you too. " he says before pulling me in to kiss me longer and passionately.  and we stay there on the park bench for a while, just the two of us.  How we should be.

Together.