❀° ┄───╮
Chapter 4 - kami's trade
╰───┄ °❀

Y/n held a warm mug of tea in her hands as she sat on her couch underneath a pile of blankets. The radio played softly in the background as y/n sat lost in thought. Y/n was now 18 and had just recently bought herself a small 2 bedroom a. Kaito had moved out when y/n was 12, so she had spent the last 7 years living with her aunt. y/n snatched herself a job as a florist in a little flower shop not to far from her apartment. She decided to drop out from UA and pursue a career as a florist. Although she still stayed in contact with her friends from UA, she missed seeing them everyday and going on missions with them but y/n decided that being a hero wasn't for her.

Placing the mug of hot liquid down on the coffee table, y/n brought the fuzzy, white blanket closer and snuggled further into its warmth. The radio had turned itself off and y/n was now left in a peaceful silence. The silence was broken by y/n's phone ringing. Laying still for a few moments, y/n decided she should probably answer the call as she had a good idea who was on the other line. Picking up her cellphone she wasn't surprised when she read 'Nejire' as the contact name.

Y/n sighed as she answer "Hey, what's up?"
"Well someone sounds happy to see me." Nejire's voice dripped with sarcasm before the both of them shared a laugh.

"So anyways, I just got back into town from my parents and I thought you and I could go out for dinner tonight?" Y/n looked over at the clock, 5:30pm. "Sure, what time do you reckon?

"I'll pick you up at about 7:00, sound like a plan?" Nejire's smile was evident through the call.

Y/n loved these moments, the times when she could break away from work and her friends from their hero life to go out and enjoy time as young adults.

:
Laughter rang through the ears of both girls as they sat in the booth of the restaurant. Y/n was certainly enjoying herself as the night went on and it seemed that nejire wase too. Y/n brought the glass to her lips and took a sip from the light pink lemonade, admiring the small carbon bubbles that fizzed in the liquid. Nejire on the other hand had a glass that was filled to the brim with bourbon and Coke. It was clear that the purple-nette had never been exposed to alcohol, as she was drinking as if the glass had no bottom and her face was beginning to flush.

"Why aren't you eating N/n?" Nejire called out with a mouth full of cheesy bread sticks. Y/n only smiled "I'm fine with waiting until out food arrives"

Y/n slowly began to zone out of the conversations and get lost in her own thoughts, although it didn't last long as she soon had Nejire's hand waving in front of her face and calling out her name. Y/n looked up to the purple haired girl with a confused face before a red blush painted her cheeks in embarrassment. Nejire Let out a laugh, but when it seemed like an appropriate time to stop, Nejire didn't stop laughing. Before Y/n could speak, an obnoxiously loud voice boomed through the room, making people turn their heads. Y/n did her best to keep the slightly intoxicated girl in check before they were kicked out

:
Y/n drove Nejire back home and helped her into bed since she was probably a little tipsy at most. Since Nejire had picked her up, y/n ended up staying the night and decided she would just walk to work tomorrow morning. Y/n had been to her house countless times so she knew where to grab a blanket and pillow from as she headed to sleep in the couch.
.
Y/n tried her best to fall asleep but couldn't help how restless she was. She tossed and turned in the couch for what felt like hours, her gut feeling told her something bad was going to happen. Her mind played over different scenarios of what could happen, y/n assumed the worst of her worries would be getting fired from her job. Getting up to make herself a hot beverage and looked up at the hanging wall clock across from her. 2:03am. Great. Finishing her drink with a content sigh she made her way back to the couch. Closing her eyes this time she could feel herself drifting off.