❀° ┄───╮
Chapter 2- quirk
╰───┄ °❀

Y/n hummed to herself as she watered the garden, her mother and her had put in a lot of time and effort into creating a large, gorgeous garden that blanketed the house. She watched as her mother used her quirk to make seeds grow into blooming flowers in a matter of seconds. Y/n's shoulders sagged as she looked down at her hands that held the watering can. She was almost 7 and was still yet to unlock her quirk, her father was late with his too which could very well be why she's a late bloomer herself. But that didn't make the young girl feel any less sad and disappointed.

Sensing the negative energy radiating from her daughter, the older woman stood up and wrapped her arms around Y/n's small frame.
"You'll get your quirk soon my dear, just have patience." Her mothers soft voice soothes Y/n's uneasiness and she hugged back tightly. A tear slid down her cheek as she looked across the many plants her mother had used her quirk to help grow into healthy plants in mere moments.
"Let's try again." This brought Y/n back to reality's a her face painted with an expression of determination.

"Patience honey, patience." This time the calm voice of her mother did not put her at ease and she still fumed with rage.
"Kaito got his quirk before everyone in his class, how come I have to be so unlucky!?" With the rise in her voice the air began to thicken, plants around the girl began to wilt. "Y-y/n.." her mother called in shock as she noticed her flowers. "Your doing it!" Excitement laced her voice and Y/n's expressions went from angry to confused.

"Come here." She followed her mother's commands and sat infront of her. Y/n's mother used a nearby spade to  to slice the top of her finger. Y/n was taken back but had a feeling she knew what to do. Taking her mother's cut finger she focused on healing the small wound. Her hands began to glow a soft green colour and the wound began healing itself. Y/n couldn't hold back her excitement as the cut became nothing more than a scab.
"I did it mum!" Tears streamed down her face as her mother brought her into a bone crushing hug.
"Let's go show dad and Kaito!" Y/n pulled her mother across the yard and into their home.

:
Y/n sat down at her desk with her purple haired friend and pulled out her bento box from her bag. "So tell me again Y/n because I didn't really understand, how does your quirk work exactly?" Nejire let it a sign and rubbed the back of her neck. It was Y/n's second day at UA high school and Y/n had already made herself a friend, who happens to be a little forgetful when it comes to these sorts of things.

"Well." Y/n began as she took a bite of her rice ball.
"I take the energy from near by plants and store it for myself, but I told you this yesterday so I'll go into a bit more detail." Nejire nodded vigorously as waited for her to continue. "I mostly just heal but I can also use the surrounding plant life to attack, such as vines attacking and so forth but it's incredibly weak right now." Y/n was shocked by her friends expression. "That's so cool! I've never actually met someone with a healing quirk, it's rare!" Y/n never thought about it that way. She came from a family of healing quirk users. But she felt useless compared to other kids she attended UA with. Y/n was never insecure about her quirk since healers were who she grew up with but once she hit UA she realised just how many amazing people there were, like Nejire.

"I don't really feel like I belong in the hero course, I'm not very useful when it comes to fighting." Y/n let out a sigh and shoved more rice in her mouth. "That's not true! Your a healer, your one of the most important parts plus your not defenceless because you can use plants remember!" Nejire had gripped both of y/n's shoulders and shook her while exclaiming what she said. Y/n's face softened and she smiled. "Thanks Nejire." 

: (earlier that day)
"Alright listen up, today we'll be doing basic fitness testing. The point is to see where you are up to and how your quirks effect the basics." Aizawa was very stern and she'd heard rumours from her brother that he's expelled an entire class of kids for failing. Aizawa began explaining our first test, they followed his instructions and lined up for a 100 meter dash. Y/n watched as her classmates with all different quirks flew threw the track, (some even literally).

She didn't do terrible on anything but Y/n was not among the top physically strong in her class. But when it came to helping others in aftermath her ability to heal was outstanding. Y/n sat alone on one of the benches watching her classmates joke and cheer for how they did during the physicals. She however sat and wondered how she even got here, did she even belong in the hero course? Her thoughts stopped when an unfamiliar face came and put a hand on her shoulder.

"Hi I'm Nejire!" Y/n sat and stared with her mouth agape, in shock that someone was actually talking to her. Nejire giggled and turned her head to the side "This is the part you tell me your name." Y/n's face went red and she let out a string of apologies before shaking her head and speaking. "I'm Y/n, nice to meet you." Y/n had seen Nejire in class, she is very enthusiastic, affable and cheery, and is always seen moving. During the physicals her quirk fascinated Y/n and how even when she failed, she still got up with twice as much confidence.

"I saw you during the tests, can you explain to me what your quirk is?" This question made Y/n incredibly nervous, what if she made fun of her for not being strong? Y/n took a deep breath before mustering up all her courage to answer. "I have a healing quirk, I use the energy from plants and store it as my own and can use it to heal moderate to severe wounds." Y/n waited anxiously for nejires response but the facial expression of pure excitement and interest shocked her. "That's so cool! It's kinda similar to my quirk when you said you use your energy!" Y/n was overwhelmed with his reaction as she never would have expected someone with such a talented quirk to talk about her like that. "Can you explain yours please?" Nejire seemed even more excited when Y/n asked that.
'How can this girl be so optimistic' Y/n questioned in her head.

"My quirk grants me the ability to convert my own vitality into energy and release it in the form of powerful spiral shockwaves." Even her explaining it was just as good as watching her in action. Before Y/n could respond aizawa had called for everyone to head back to class. "Hey we should eat lunch together today!" Y/n was overwhelmed with happiness when she said that, giving Nejire an enthusiastic nod before both girls headed back to class.

─┄ °❀
END OF CHAPTER 2
─┄ °❀

> posted 2/5/20
> edited 25/08/21
(This chapter was added after the following few chapters!)