❀° ┄───╮
chapter 5 - taken
╰───┄ °❀

The scent of freshly cut grass and morning dew filled y/n's nose, birds sang happily in the trees as she walked past. Waking up in an oddly good mood, y/n decided she would walk to work today. Her bus trip was pleasant and quiet, unlike how it is on her way home. Continuing to walk around corners and through main streets, she let out a gasp as she looked up to see a clock hanging above a coffee shop. 8:20. 'Shit I'm gonna be late!' She picked up her pace and continued on her way to work.

Something didn't feel right, eyes seemed to be drilling holes into the back of her head but when she turned back to investigate, nothing was there. The sound of another pair of feet hitting the same concrete path she walked entered her ears. Choosing to ignore it seemed like the best idea, she had work to get to after all. Y/n noticed an alleyway that cut straight through the next few streets that led to her work, deciding it was her only option to get there on time, she speed-walked down the ally.

The light from the street seemed to disappear, shadows of all different shapes and forms loomed over her. The hair on the back of y/n's neck stood in end and she swallowed her saliva in paranoia. Trash cans and garbage piled up and colourful graffiti-covered parts of the brick wall. 'Keep calm y/n, your just overthinking things. Why would someone kidnap you at 8:30 in the morning?'
Repeating that in her head followed by controlled breathing worked to calm down her nerves. Nearing the end of the ally, y/n let out a breath of relief as she trudged forward; eager to be out.

Letting her guard down for that split second was the worse possible thing she could have done...

A cold hand clamped over her mouth and a knife was pressed to her throat. Panic washed over her as her stomach turned in fear. She tried to let out a scream but it was muffled by the hand of her attacker.
"do as I say or I'll burn you to a crisp." His voice was smooth like velvet, yet deep enough to make her shiver as his hot breath hit her ear. Nodding, y/n obediently let herself be lead by the strange man.

Looking back she met his cold, aquatic blue eyes, purple patches hung like bags under his eyes and across the bottom half of his face. Silver staples gave off the impression of being stitched together. Y/n cringed at the thought of how badly he must've been burnt for scars like his.

Why was he taking me and who is he? I've never seen him before..

Seeming to have read her mind, the patchwork villain spoke up. "I'm Dabi and you'll find out why I'm taking you soon enough, shigaraki wants you back by 9 so stop slouching and pick up the pace." He grumbled not happy to be doing this task.

Shigaraki... I wonder what he wants with me?

Once they neared the end of the alleyway the man stopped suddenly causing her to jerk into his chest. Pulling the hood of his jumper over his head to hide his identity, the villain turned to y/n. "Run, scream or fight I will kill you on the spot and everyone in a 200-meter radius". his tone was harsh and laced with venom. "Act natural." Without giving the girl any warnings dabi began walking forwards, a strong grip on her wrist that was sure to leave a bruise. Y/n looked calm on the outside as she walked past people, occasionally smiling back but on the inside, she was terrified. The harshness of her wrists being tugged forwards caused her to let out a small complaint. Meeting the man's menacing glare made y/n shoot her head down and quiver slightly, earning side glances from the people they passed. A light burning sensation surrounded her wrist, she chewed in the inside of her lip as to not make any sounds. Dabi just smirked and continued forward.