❀° ┄───╮
Chapter 7 - brother!?
╰───┄ °❀

"Hey little sis, how are ya'?" Y/n's knees gave out from under her at the sight of her beloved brother bound to a chair with cuts and burns up his arms. "Kaito!" Her scream echoed through the empty warehouse as she ran and hugged her brother tightly. He let out a chuckle followed by coughs and blood, Y/n's hands were shaking as she gently investigated his wounds. "Who did this?" Y/n's usually shy and timid personality was long forgotten. As if a switch had been flicked inside her brain and all she could see was red, but she kept her calm. Appearing composed but imagining hurting whoever had done this.

"That would be us." A stern and familiar voice called out from the darkness. A shadowy figure followed by other bodies walked from behind large storage containers around the room. Her eyes landed on the patchwork man from before, dabi. He was accompanied by all the other members she had met just earlier, all but the girl. Y/n took no notice of that and turned to face them, standing protectively in front of her brother. "Why-" She was cut off by a punch to the gut followed by a burning heat. She had been attacked without warning.

Y/n quickly turned back to her brother and looked over his wounds.
'They need to be treated now or else he'll die.'
The safety of her brother fueled her to fight. Although she wasn't good at hand to hand combat she could easily adapt to her surroundings. The walls of the warehouse were covered in moss and vines, doors and windows were cracked or broken letting in overgrown vegetation. Giving her almost no time to react,  a punch was aimed at her head but she managed to dodge and made her way to the windows.

Y/n grabbed a handful of moss and other plants while focusing her energy on them, multitasking was something she had figured she needed to be skilled at during her training at UA. If she could collect enough energy from the green life around her, she would be able to create a wall around her and her brother; giving her time to heal him. Shoving all that she had collected into her pockets she swooped under the attempted attack from twice and thought of a plan.

'If I stall enough time I'll wear them out but I'll be able to boost my own stats with the plants I've gathered.'

It was incredibly risky as this was the first time Y/n had ever needed to use her wits and quick reflexes in a battle this intense, usually, she stayed behind and healed her teammates or helped rescue survivors.

After she seemed to have enough energy to activate her quirk she hastily made her way over to Kaito. She had taken quite a few hits but she was barely able to make it. She began to activate her quirk and summons vines to crack from the concrete below, creating a dome over her brother and herself. Dabi's flames would be her biggest threat as he had the advantage and could burn through her protection if he hacked at it for long enough.

Kaito was beginning to become drowsy and his movements were slurred. Y/n wasted no more time after making sure the barrier was sturdy enough, the density should give her roughly around 6 minutes to work with. If she had made the wall any harder it would have cost her energy meaning the healing process would be doubled in time. A green Light covered her hands as she began working on healing her brother. She located a stab wound in his abdomen that was causing rapid blood loss as the main offender, so that's where she started.

After getting through the stab wound she was beginning to feel the heat from Dabi's flames burning through her barrier. The smell of burning plants made her uneasy, alerting her she didn't have much time left. Y/n herself started to become drowsy and her movements were fragmented but she pulled through and finished up healing the smaller wounds and burns on his arms. Just as she was finished, a large hole was blown through the vines and there stood the villains.

Y/n rushed to her feet and got in a fighting stance only to hear giggling from behind her. When she glanced her face dropped. Kaito's skin began to melt and drop from his body. As his skin melted away another body began to appear, that of a blonde teenage girl. All y/n could say was the familiar name.."Toga". The bubbly teenager only nodded and skipped over to join the rest of her teammates.

Confusion didn't begin to explain how she was feeling. A hand was placed on her shoulder and when she looked her eyes met the piercing red ones of shigaraki himself. "You did good."

'What does he mean by that? I did good?'

"What do you mean is this some sort of sick game!?" Y/n grew more frustrated at every second she was left unanswered. "This was a test to see if you were useful."  This didn't make sense but at the same time, it did. "Where's my brother" she looked over at Toga and awaited her response. She grinned and bounced around happily "he's not here! I used my quirk to disguise myself as him to get your reaction!"

She was filled with rage, how could they do this? Y/n did understand where they were coming from, they had no idea who she was or her capabilities. To them, she was just some girl shigaraki had picked up from the streets. Of course she was mad but it wasn't in her nature to hold grudges or be overcome with her judgment and views. It was horrible using her brother as bait but it was necessary, Y/n could admit she wouldn't have gone that far if it wasn't protecting someone she cared about.

She had overused her quirk and it was starting to catch up to her, she felt dizzy as she spoke to them and sometimes couldn't even hear what they were saying. Y/n was overwhelmed, exhausted and just wanted to lay down. Loud ringing pierced her ears and her vision become black, the voices of the league members became muffled and she slowly felt herself falling and hitting the cold, hard floor.

:
Y/n groggily woke up to a pounding headache and a wave of fatigue washed over her, persuading her to go back to sleep.
"wake up".
this startled her and her head shot up from the pillow. Now that she was awake she took in her surroundings, This was not her room or any room she had been in before. A desk and chair were set up in the corner, on the desk was a laptop screen and other items that were used. Next to that was a basic closet that she assumed was filled with whoever lived here's items. Looking back to the owner of the voice she once again met the blue haired man sitting on a couch across from the bed, a handheld gaming device in his hands.

"You knocked yourself out pretty good back there, you've been asleep for over a day now." This wasn't uncommon for using her quirk. It had been a fair while since she had used it to that extent, she was surprised she wasn't out longer due to the shape she was in. She barely even used her quirk anymore, using it for trivial things like healing scratch marks or small burns from spilling her coffee.
"Is this your room?"  It was fairly obvious, a display shelf held the signature hands that shigaraki wore, the only one he was currently wearing to cover his face.

"Obvious isn't it? Who else do you see wearing their dead relatives dismembered hands?" That made Y/n sick but she shook the feeling off and attempted to climb out of bed only to land on her knees. She huffed, she used too much energy and she was left with barely any to even stand. She pulled herself up and headed towards the door, only to be stopped by a voice. "Where are you going?" She just needed to get out into the sun. "I use energy from plants, so if I want to speed up my recovery I need to have a large amount of sun exposure." His face went from blank to amused but Y/n had no clue why.

"Hate to break it to you but it's currently raining, not an ounce of sunshine out there." Y/n had no way to tell if he was lying or not, his room had no windows to expose the outside world. "It's around 1 in the morning anyways so go back to sleep" She wasn't about to object to that thought until she realised where she was. "Where are you going to sleep?" She couldn't possibly take his bed, he may be a villain but he was still a human being. "I'll sleep on the couch, I don't sleep much anyway." She was about to protest but exhaustion overcame her body, the moment her head hit the pillow she was asleep.

─┄ °❀
END OF CHAPTER 7
─┄ °❀

> posted: 08/05/20
> edited: 25/08/21