chapter six; cracked the code

꒰꒰・┄┄・𓆩♡𓆪・┄┄・꒱꒱

꒰꒰・┄┄・𓆩♡𓆪・┄┄・꒱꒱

"SUMMER, WAKE UP LOVE." Helene bangs on her daughter's bedroom door, the sound stirring her from her slumber. "We've got to be at the hospital in a half-hour."

Summer slowly opens her eyes, letting out a small groan, and the sun streaming in through the cracks of her curtains almost blinds her. Steve's chest presses against her back with his arms and legs tangled amongst her own and as she tries to remove herself from the bed, his limbs instinctively tighten. He doesn't bother to open his eyes, but a grin appears on his sleepy face.

Turning over, Summer pulls him into her chest and presses her lips against his. He smiles when she pulls away and tugs her in even closer, causing her to let out a giggle as she returns the embrace.

"Don't go to work. We'll both call in sick and stay here forever." He hums and very slowly blinks his eyes open, the sunlight illuminating the dark brown of them.

"Well, I don't know about you but my boss is downstairs." She shakes her head. "And somehow I don't think she'd buy it."

"Perhaps I can convince you?" He whispers as his lips graze her ear and he props himself up onto his elbow.

Summer trails her finger along his arm, gliding over his bare chest and stopping just above his waistband. "You could try." A smirk tugs at the corners of her mouth.

Immediately Steve's lips meet hers in a passionate kiss, his hands caressing her curves, but it slowly morphs into something tender. Summer knew she had to be ready for work within the next ten minutes otherwise Helene would barge in there and start pushing her out the door, but the thought of leaving Steve after what had happened the previous night filled her with anxious thoughts.

The worst part was that she had no idea how she was going to sort this mess out on her own, but she had to do it alone. She couldn't risk anyone else getting caught in the crossfire.

"Steve." His name leaves her lips as his trail down her neckline, and just as he's about to move even further down the bedroom door swings open, though it's not Helene that's standing there.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry!" Max panics and immediately covers her eyes as Eleven stands beside her, eyes wide as if she'd seen a ghost. "Your mom said you would be up." The redhead grabs El's hand and quickly closes the door.

The second the door closes Summer looks up at Steve, his eyes clenched shut and head shaking with embarrassment as it drops between his shoulders, his hair falling into Summer's face. She thought it was hilarious though and a laugh escapes her as the boy collapses by her side.

"Well, there goes the mood," he sighs, "and my dignity."

"Relax. Just be grateful they didn't actually see anything." She eyes him up and down before climbing out from under the covers and rushes to get dressed.