chapter fourteen; the escape

꒰꒰・┄┄・𓆩♡𓆪・┄┄・꒱꒱

꒰꒰・┄┄・𓆩♡𓆪・┄┄・꒱꒱

"JESUS, SLOW DOWN!" Steve slurs at Dustin through the wall that was separating them, after having Summer be thrown into him, due to the teen boy's hasty driving. However, the boy wasn't so much concerned about the three young adults getting a few scratches as he was about trying to get them out of the secret Russian base alive.

"Are you trying to kill us?" Summer queries with exaggeration and dramatically flicks back the hair that had fallen in her face.

Robin shakes her head and heaves a sigh. "Yeah, what is this, like, the Indy 500?"

Everything from the moment Dustin and Erica had rescued the trio, from the room they were being held captive in, to the three of them now flailing around in the back of the transport carriage, was pretty much a blur. The only thing Summer could really recall within those two moments was the five of them running while angry Russian soldiers chased after them.

"It's the Indy 300." Steve corrects the blonde and screws up his face, unimpressed with the 'knowledge', or lack-there-of, of his new friend who claimed to be a genius.

Though, the two of them end up in a lazy argument about which of them was right, and which of them was wrong. Bickering like a bunch of children when Summer decides to interject the conversation with her own answer.

"How about we just say a million?" A small silence follows her comment and then out of nowhere the three of them burst into a loud fit of laughter. Throwing their heads back and all.

From the front of the vehicle, both Erica and Dustin swap confused, yet extremely concerned looks with one another as the boy steered the truck through the underground base and back to where they had accidentally entered it. Though, too worried about what was going on with his friends, his attention diverted for a second too long, and he doesn't see the two large metal containers that he was fast approaching.

"Dustin, watch out!" The young girl shouts and he quickly hits the breaks, though he still drives right into the containers and collides with a small light post.

A chorus of grunts comes from the back as the three young adults smash into the cage wall, Summer now strewn across Steve and Robin as their heads crash into the grated steel.

"You guys alright back there?" The curly-haired boy asks though all he gets is a muffled response of groans before exiting via the side door and racing to the back to unlatch it.

Immediately, he and Erica start rushing for the trio to get out but when they don't move their impatience only grows stronger. Erica screams at them, clapping her hands angrily while Dustin reaches to help them out.

Summer clambers out of the carriage first, Dustin helping her to hurry and she regains her balance leaning on the side of the vehicle. Her head spins slightly from the drug still coursing through her bloodstream but pushes on to follow Dustin over to the 'elevator' after he forcefully yanks Steve out and lets him fall to the floor, leaving him to tumble behind the group with Robin in tow.