chapter ten; the russian vs harrington

꒰꒰・┄┄・𓆩♡𓆪・┄┄・꒱꒱

꒰꒰・┄┄・𓆩♡𓆪・┄┄・꒱꒱

"STAY BEHIND ME." Summer stands protectively in front of Dustin and Erica as they watch the Russian soldier swivel around in his chair slowly. Confusion masks his features as he sees the group of American teens and immediately he stands to his feet.

It was obvious that they weren't authorised to be there, the panic on their faces proving as much so when he reaches for the gun in his holster Robin takes an urgent step forward. She repeats a few words from the code they'd heard, hoping it would give them some sort of advantage but her attempt to help them only leaves the guard looking even more confused than he had at the beginning.

They watch as the man reaches for his gun once again, but before he has the chance to pull it out, Steve lets out a fierce yell and charges at him, tackling him into the desk behind.

Summer's heart drops as she watches Steve be thrown from desk to desk and although avoiding all blows coming his way, he was struggling to find anything to use as a weapon. The soldier moves to grab him by the shoulder, gripping onto his Scoops uniform with a firm fist, but releasing the material as Steve's elbow collides with his abdomen and sends him flying backwards.

With the few seconds he had before the man got back to his feet, Steve grabs the phone from the control desk and throws it in the air, catching it in his other hand and smashing it over the Russian's head in a swift movement. The impact from the blow immediately knocks the man unconscious and he falls to the floor.

"Dude!" Dustin exclaims. "You did it! You won a fight!" He cheers as Steve brushes his hair out of his face and lets out a soft laugh, pleased with himself and what he'd done.

While the others gawked in amazement, Summer pushes past Robin and pulls Steve into a tight hug, his heart pounding in his chest vigorously as it rises and falls along with his panting. The embrace only lasts a few seconds before she pulls away, shaking her head with a hint of a scowl in her features.

"Don't ever scare me like that again!" She slaps him on the arm hard enough for him to wince and with a sigh of frustration, she pulls him into another hug.

"What are you doing?" Erica asks Dustin from behind as he rushes forward, pulling at something on the guard's waist belt.

"Getting our ticket out of here." He waves a keycard at her.

"You want to walk all the way back?" She shakes her head, clearly unimpressed with the idea.

"Well, we can hang out for a little bit, relax, have a picnic maybe?" He answers sarcastically and yet another bickering battle between the two of them begins, earning themselves a roll of the eyes from the older couple.

Summer and Steve watch as the two continue to argue back and forth, none of them even realising that Robin had disappeared until she rushes back in a panic.