chapter eleven; the plan

꒰꒰・┄┄・𓆩♡𓆪・┄┄・꒱꒱

꒰꒰・┄┄・𓆩♡𓆪・┄┄・꒱꒱

"STOP, PLEASE!" Summer pleads, her voice hoarse and knuckles split with blood as she bangs against the door. She heaves a sigh, letting out a few ragged breaths and softly rests her head against the cool metal. It was hard trying to keep calm when all she could hear were the violent groans coming from her boyfriend's mouth as the soldiers laid into him in the next room.

It was killing Summer having to listen to the pain and torture the boy was enduring all whilst she hadn't so much as a scratch beside the self-inflicted cuts across the back of her hands.

There were times when the room would go silent and she'd get her hopes up thinking it was over only for it to continue on a few seconds later. Steve was strong, Summer knew that, hell he'd singlehandedly fought off monsters from another dimension, but being wailed on by multiple professionally trained Russian soldiers was far different than any of the fights he'd encountered before.

As Summer peels herself away from the wall and prepares to hit it again, a loud beeping sound goes off and the main door opens up revealing two guards. They step inside, pulling along Robin, frustration and anger radiating off of her as she fights against their hold. An array of curse words leave her mouth, which seems to annoy the men and in retaliation, they harshly throw her to the ground.

Summer watches as Robin tumbles across the floor and races to help her. Guiding her to sit up and as she tries to remove the restraints from around the girl's wrists the guards start barking orders at her. They gesture for her to move away, using their guns in a threatening manner, and when she does they fasten a pair of leather cuffs around her wrists too.

In doing so Robin sees the bloody mess that Summer's knuckles had become and though the blonde doesn't say anything her gawking eyes don't go by unnoticed. Summer heaves a sign and nods toward the side door where some of her blood had smeared across the metal in her failed attempts to break through.

"Steve's in there." She pauses for a second. "What about you? Are you okay?"

"Well, other than the shitty hospitality, yeah, I'm fine." Robin huffs at the same time a loud groan is heard followed by dead silence. "Is that..."

Summer nods, a sombre expression casting across her face and her head sinks down, lip trembling slightly. "It's been going on for hours."

"Hey, he's going to be okay." Her voice is a hushed tone as she tries to reassure the brunette. "He pinky swore that we were getting out of here together, no matter what, remember?"

The ghost of a smile graces Summer's lips but it's gone just as fast as it had appeared, her expression faltering as the side door finally begins to open. The girls' attention immediately falls onto the unconscious boy being dragged carelessly towards them.

Steve's head drooped between his shoulders as blood covered his now swollen face, crimson droplets falling onto the white collar of his Scoops Ahoy shirt. His hair was a dishevelled mess, sweat soaking the chocolate brown locks and causing them to curl. They watch in horror as he's roughly thrown to the ground, his body limp from the state he was in.