Chapter 5

Saturday, finally! It's been some week I must say and I am so glad I don't have to work this weekend. As any other human being I planned to sleep in today but apparently God had other plans for me as I woke up at 7 this morning, lucky me. Since then I had been walking around my apartment in my pajamas eating and watching TV which was fine with me by all means. I glanced at the clock that was hanging on my wall and saw that it was 2 o'clock. I suddenly remembered that I told Connor I would take him out today even though he had probably forgotten about it I still wanted to keep my word, and I also was dying to get out the house.

I got up off the couch and went into my bedroom to get my phone off my nightstand. I opened it and sat on my bed as I scrolled through my contacts and found my friend's name and clicked it. The phone rung and she picked up on the fourth ring just as I was fixing to hang up.

"Hey Miranda!"

"Hey Callie. How are you doing?"

"I'm good. What about you?"

"I'm good."

"So what's up?"

"Um I just wanted to aask... if maybe... maybe if you had...um Dr. Warren's number."

"Dr. Warren? You wanted to know if I have his number?"

"Well... yyeah."

"May I ask why?"

"Umm... no you may not if that's ok with you."

"Well okay then Mandy. I myself don't happen to have his number but Arizona does and I will gladly ask her to send it to you."

"Okay great. Thanks Callie."

"Sure Miranda no problem honey."

"Okay talk to you later Cal."

"See ya later Mandy."

A few minutes later Arizona sent me Ben's number with a smiley face. I couldn't help but laugh and blush a little. I sent her a quick thank you and then typed his number into my phone and hesitated a second before actually pressing the call button. I nervously bit my fingernails as the phone rang and then on the third ring he picked up.

"Hello?"

'Oh God this is more nerve wrecking than I thought it would be.'

"Hellooo?"

"Umm.. h..hey. It's umm... me, Dr. Bailey."

"Hey Dr. Bailey! How are you?"

"I..im fine... I'm good. How are you?"

"I'm good."

"That's good. Ummm how's Connor?"

"He's doing better, a lot better. He's actually at his grandparent' s right now with his cousins at a birthday party."

"Oh. I'm glad he's doing better."

"Thank you. Not that I'm not enjoying this phone call, but did you need something Dr. Bailey?"

"Oh... I... umm... I just... You know I had told Connor I would take him out today a..and I just wanted to..."

"Oh yeah you did! I'm sorry Miranda it slipped my mind."

"Oh no it's fine really! I had honestly forgot myself but I just wanted to get out the house."

'Why did I just tell him that?'

"Oh really. Well I'm stuck at home myself with nothing to do. Maybe we could hang out?"