Chapter- 4

***************************************

Guys, I have imagined Astha as her as she perfectly fits in my character's image.

But there is no rule that you can't imagine her as someone else. Feel free as this story is as much yours as it is mine.

***************************************

Astha's POV :-

" Phew! That went good. " Jatin Sir said
more to himself then to me, like praising himself.

" Now I will show you your first assigned department. Here, come with me. " saying this Jatin Sir again started walking without bothering to know whether I'm following him or not.

We were walking past the general office section where many employees were working on their respective desks.

There was a regular buzzing sound coming from the room, like the one you here when you enter a room full of people. The clicking of keyboard keys, scratching of pens on the papers, sounds of printing machines, were few of the many sounds that you can include in that buzzing sound.

And then all of a sudden the voices stopped and a pin drop silence filled the room. All the workers straightened up from their sitting position and looked at my direction like I was some sort of a celebrity.

I was confused. Is this the way they welcome a new employee? Well maybe! So guessing that they were welcoming me, I smiled a thank you to them. But...they didn't answered my smile instead...started greeting me saying, " Goodmorning...."

I was about to say Goodmorning to them in reply, when they continued.

" Goodmorning Sir."

Sir? Oh maybe they were referring to Jatin Sir.

' Silly me. ', shaking my head for my stupidity, I looked at Jatin Sir, only to realise that he too was looking at me and was signalling me to move to the side.

I was now totally confused. What is going in here?

Then thinking whatever it is, since it is my job is to follow his order so I slowly moved to my side.

Then I saw our T.B.B i.e The Big Boss walking past me without caring to even look at anyone, let alone greet them back. He was talking on his phone and simultaneously was typing something on the other phone. He was followed by a bunch of men, probably his assistants. But despite of his rude behaviour and rugged attitude, he was looking damn hot.

' Ughhh..Astha, what are you doing. Get a hold of yourself girl. He is your boss who can fire you in a second! ' I mentally scolded myself for thinking like this.

And then in a few minutes he was out of our sight and the office came to life again. Exactly like what happens when your school principal suddenly pays your class a visit. Your class for that duration becomes the room of an ICU with no sound coming apart from the beeping of the machines and then when the principal is gone, the fish market ( that is what my teachers used to call our class ), roars into life again.

I guess The Big Boss has managed to built that scary and intimidating image of himself like the school principal (only it is ten times more scary ) not just in the mind of my boss but in the mind of every single employee here.

I have to be very careful not to get to his bad side, if I want to stay in this job. His hot looks and killer smile....I have to shield myself from those.

" Okay then, let's go. " Jatin Sir said clearing his voice and we continued to where we were going.

After walking for a few minutes, we stopped in front of the elevator. The elevator was full, so we decided that we will go in the next turn.

While waiting, I noticed that there was an another elevator, next to this one and it was empty.

" Sir, that one is empty. We can go there. " I said thinking sir might have not noticed that.

" No, never use that one."

" Oh sorry sir, I didn't noticed that it was broken."

He smiled at me and said, " That elevator is only used by Saxena sir. He doesn't like to wait, so he built that one only for himself and his V.I.P's. No-one except them are allowed to use that."

" Oh. Sorry sir I didn't know that."

" Don't be. You are new here, so it is obvious that you don't know many things here. Don't worry, you will come to know them gradually. "

Just then the elevator in front of us dinged, indicating that it was our time to go.

After a few minutes, we stopped at the fourth floor. By looking at the rooms in there, I guess it was the purchase department.

And my guess was proved right, when Jatin Sir introduced me to the employees there.

" Guys, I want to introduce to you, your new intern Miss Astha Dixit. She is assigned here for her first project. And Astha, meet your new department colleagues. They will give you your task and will guide you through out." Jatin Sir said aloud.

A middle aged man, maybe in his fourty's came towards us and extended his hand for a handshake and I took it, while giving him a small smile.

" Welcome to the Purchase department. I hope you as well as we will have a great time working together. " he said.

I nodded my head in agreement while smiling lightly.

" Well then all sorted, so I guess I can go now. Best of luck Astha. Do a great job here." saying this Jatin Sir left and I stepped in to fulfill my first office goal.

***************************************

Comment, share and vote 😊

***************************************