Chapter 2

The rest of your day went by slowly, giving you enough time to figure out how you were going to tell Danny you had a child. She wasn't something you could hide from him forever. Hell, you couldn't even hide it from him for one night. You knew you just had to be honest with him. He was your best friend and, you'd like to think he still is, he'd have to understand.

Eventually, you heard the ringing of the bell above the door again. Danny walked over to the counter and smiled down at you. "Are you ready to go?"

You looked down at your phone and saw the time was just after six. You threw your phone in your bag and grabbed your keys. "Yeah, just let me lock up, and I'm all good." You locked up the register and made your way to the door, Danny following close behind. Once you were outside, you locked the door behind you and turned back to Danny.

"My car is parked on the side here." You spoke, leading him around the corner. Your car was the same one you had from your senior year of high school. It was almost ten years old, but it still worked so you couldn't complain. Not that you could afford a new one anyway. You both got in, and you pulled out of the parking lot, making your way to your apartment building.

The car ride was silent until Danny spoke.

"Wasn't that your street back there?" He looked at you while pointing out the window. "Did your family move?"

"No. I don't live with my family anymore. It was getting a little too crowded."

"God that had to be hard on them. I remember how close you all were."

You pulled into your parking spot in front of your building. The sun was just about set indicative of the early March weather. Shutting off the car, you turned to face Danny.

"Look, Danny, a lot has changed since graduation."

"Like what?" He looked at you, confused.

"For starters, I have a child." You shifted your gaze to the sleeve of your jacket, not wanting to see Danny's reaction.

"You have a child? You mean, you're a mother?" The change in this tone surprised you. You expected him to have an adverse reaction as most people do when they find out you have a child. But instead, his voice was filled with excitement. You didn't even have a chance to respond before he spoke again.

"Is it a boy or a girl? What's their name?" This was the first positive reaction you'd received since finding out you were pregnant. It was a pleasant surprise.

"I have a little girl. Her name is Y/D/N." You looked back up at Danny as you spoke, and he had the widest smile on his face. You'd only ever seen him smile like that when he was on stage.

"That's adorable. How old is yout daughter?" You thought the drummer was going to burst he was so excited.

"She'll be two at the beginning of September." You smiled, thinking of how big your little girl was getting already.

"Would I be able to meet her?" His voice had gone quieter. "I mean if it's okay with you. I know you probably don't want random people coming in and out of her life."

"Sure. She's upstairs with her babysitter now. And Danny you're not just a random person. You're much more than that. Come on. I'll show you inside." You got out of the car and led Danny upstairs to your apartment. Once you found your key, you unlocked the door only to be met with the patter of tiny feet against the hardwood floor.

"Mama." Your daughter yelled as she made her way over to you. While she was walking, she didn't have the best balance yet, and any wrong step could send her tumbling to the floor.