Chapter 4

You sat on the couch watching as Sam played a riff on his bass. Not long after he started, Josh stood up and began singing. It amazed you how the lyrics just seemed to flow out of him.

"See, I told you everything would go well today." Danny spoke, sitting next to you on the couch.

"I know. I don't know what I was worried about." You shook your head as you spoke.

"The album seems to be coming along well." You motioned to Sam and Josh.

"Yeah, I just hope these songs actually make it on the album." Danny groaned.

"Why wouldn't they? They're amazing."

"Josh tends to come up with lyrics and then never actually uses the song. It's like every time we meet, he has a different idea of what he wants the record to be." Danny explained.

Suddenly muffled cries filled the room. Sam abruptly stopped playing, and Josh shot around, looking at you.

"What the hell is that?" Josh questioned.

"That would be Y/D/N letting me know she's awake." You sighed, standing up. Danny stood up behind you, grabbing your arm.

"I'll get her."

"No, it's okay I'll get her. I'm her mother." You argued.

"And you deserve a break. Now sit down. I'll get her." Danny insisted. Before you had any further chance to argue, he was already making his way upstairs.

"Wow, he must really like you, Y/N." Jake said.

You looked over at the brothers, confused. "Why would you guys think that?"

"We've all known Danny for years. Have you ever seen him get that attached to a small child?" Sam pointed out.

"Well, no." You stammered.

"Trust me, Y/N. Danny tells me stuff he hasn't even told you. He likes you, and it's obvious two years apart hasn't changed that one bit."

Just then, Danny made his way downstairs carrying your daughter, her face buried in his hair.

"Someone's hungry." He spoke, swaying the little girl.

"She's not the only one." Sam interrupted.

"McDonald's?" Jake suggested.

"You read my mind. Are you sure we're not the twins of the family?" Sam laughed, taking off his bass and setting it in the stand.

"I mean, you two do look more alike then him and Josh." You offered as you gathered up your daughters' toys from the floor.

Together you walked out to your cars. You, Danny, and Y/D/N went in his car because of the car seat. Josh, Sam, and Jake took Josh's car and met you there. Once inside, you and Danny were the first to order. You only agreed to come because the guys wanted to. You knew you had to get gas in your car, do some grocery shopping, buy more diapers, and the rent was coming due. You didn't have money to eat out.

"I'll just have a small fry." You ordered, mainly for your daughter. You would find something to eat when we're back home.

"No, we'll take a ten-piece nugget meal along with the small fry." Danny ordered handing the lady his debit card.

The lady handed Danny his card back along with two cups. "You didn't have to do that." You whispered angrily at him.

"Don't worry about it. It's only an eight-dollar meal. Now, why don't you and Y/D/N find a table? The guys and I will meet you there with the food."