Chapter 3

You rolled over in bed, wrapping yourself in the thick comforter. The warmth of your blankets made you not want to leave. It might be almost spring, but the mornings were still cold, reminiscent of the departing winter weather. You were sure you had a few minutes before you had to get up. But eventually curiosity won, and you glanced over at the alarm clock on your nightstand. The bright green letters read that it was a quarter after nine. It took a second, but once you realized how late it was, you shot out of bed and down the hall to Y/D/N's room.

Sliding on the hardwood floor, you barreled into your daughters' room — the panic set in once you saw the empty crib. You turned around racing out to the living room. There in front of the couch was your daughter, a block in her small hand. Danny was laid out across from her adding another brick to the tower they were building. You watched as Danny set the block on top and the tiny tower came crashing down.

"Uh-oh." Your daughter squealed at the noise.

"What happened? Did the tower go boom?" Danny asked the little girl.

As much as you didn't want to interrupt, you did have a few questions that needed to be answered.

"Um good morning." You cleared your throat.

"Good morning Y/N," Danny spoke, picking up your daughter and standing up.

"So not that I don't like it at all but what are you doing here? And how did I end up in my bed last night?" You questioned.

"Well right after I put on the next album you fell asleep on top of me. I knew you must have been tired, so I just left you alone. Eventually, I just fell asleep."

You felt the heat rush to your face, feeling embarrassed about falling asleep on top of the man you haven't seen in two years.

"Then this one woke up around two." He gestured to the little girl in his arms. "So, I got up and carried you down the hall to your bed before checking on her."

"Oh, Danny, you didn't have to do that. You could have woken me."

"It was no problem. I just sang her one of our new songs and she was out again. Also, I fed her, and she's already been changed. I wanted to let you sleep in for once." Danny explained.

"Why thank you. I appreciate it. Now can I see my daughter?" You asked.

Danny handed the girl over to you before heading over to the kitchen. He grabbed the coffee pot and poured you a cup.

"Any plans for today?" You questioned as you followed behind him and accepted the cup.

"I was going to hang out with the guys. Maybe work on some new songs or whatever. You should come. I can guarantee they'd be glad to see you."

You took a sip of your coffee before you spoke. "I can't just waltz over there after two years like 'Hi it's me, and I have a daughter now.'"

"Of course, you can. I know they'd all be beyond excited to meet her."

"I guess it can't hurt. I am off today." You took another sip of your coffee.

"Great. I'm going to go home and shower. You get Y/D/N dressed and all your stuff together, and I'll be back to pick you up."

"Y/D/N needs a car seat. You can meet me here, and we'll take my car."

"Oh, right. I'll meet you here then." Danny awkwardly laughed.

After what felt like forever, Danny texted you, saying he would be at your apartment in a couple of minutes. You did one last check through making sure you had enough diapers and snacks for your daughter. Once you deemed everything packed, you checked your phone to see that Danny was outside. You made your way out front to see him standing next to his car.