Chapter 7

The remaining weeks seemed to fly by. Before you knew it, Danny and the guys were home again. He insisted over and over that you didn't need to come to the airport to pick them up. Their flight didn't land until well after ten, and he knew you had a strict bedtime of 7:30 for Y/D/N. But you couldn't help yourself. You patiently bounced your daughter as you waited for the guys to round the corner. You knew their plane had landed because you received a text from Danny saying so and that he would see you in the morning.

After a few more minutes of waiting, you saw Josh's curls come into view, followed by the rest of the band. You put your daughter down and knelt beside her, whispering in her ear. "Y/D/N, who's that?"

The little girl looked confused at first. You pointed your finger in the direction of Danny and asked again. "Y/D/N, I know you know who that is." This time her face lit up with a wide smile, and she took off towards Danny.

"Daddy!" She yelled as she took wobbly steps to the curly-haired drummer.

You watched as Danny dropped his bags and knelt to pick up the toddler. You stayed back for a moment, just taking in the sight in front of you. A couple of seconds later, you took off towards the pair, Wrapping your arms around both Danny and your daughter.

"I missed you so much." You cried into his hair.

"I missed you too." He rubbed his hand up and down your back as he spoke.

You pulled yourself away from the hug and wiped the tears away. "Mama cry." Your daughter shouted.

"Yeah. Mama's crying because she's happy." Danny explained to the little girl as he bounced her in his arms.

"Why don't we get that kind of a welcome?" Sam yelled.

"We're not that important to her, Sam. She only cares about Danny." Josh added in an attempt to make you feel bad.

"I could never forget you guys. Come here." You walked over and wrapped your arms around the brothers in a giant group hug.

Once you all disbanded, you walked back over towards Danny. "I assume you all have people to pick you up and take you home." You remarked.

"Yeah, our dad is waiting out in the parking lot," Josh answered.

You looked over at Danny and raised your eyebrows. "What about you, Danny?"

"I was going to stay at the Kiszka's tonight and go home in the morning since it's already so late. But I could go over to your place if you want." Danny repositioned your daughter in his arms, and you saw her growing tired.

"That works for me." You grabbed Danny's bag off the floor, and the six of you began making your way out to the parking lot.

Mr. Kiszka was parked right out front in the pick-up location. You and Danny waved goodbye to the guys as the three of you made your way to your car. You threw the bag in the trunk as Danny situated Y/D/N in her car seat. Once you were both seated, you turned to face Danny.

"I'm so glad you're home. I want to hear all about your trip, even if it takes all night."

"That works out perfectly because I'm not even tired." Danny smiled at you.

The drive home was peaceful. It was nice to just be in each other's presence, the only sound being the low humming of the radio. Eventually, you parked in front of your apartment building. You got out and grabbed Danny's bag from the trunk while Danny unhooked your sleeping daughter from her car seat.

"I'm going to go put her down in her crib. Then I'll be back." You watched as Danny made his way down the hallway and disappeared into Y/D/N's room.