4. The Accident

What happened when the police came to the scene?

I limped my way towards the side of the road, crying my eyes out. The amount of shock I was in was unbearable as I started to deeply cry and it turned into screams. I feel like I was going to blackout, and I think I did. 

The next thing I remember was waking up to sirens. I opened my eyes and I could see the stars the clear night sky, the almost bare trees surrounding me and red and blue lights coming closer to my vision. 

I blinked my eyes before slowly turning over to watch what was happening on the road. I hid behind some grass as the police car stopped briskly. My lips quivered as my eyes moved towards the accident. It was a total mess. I couldn't see Tony's body though. That made my heart skip. 

The officer called for back up as she searched the scene. I held my breath as she checked the inside of the car.

"Clear. Empty car. No one's at the scene. No one's in the car." 

My heart dropped. Where's Tony's body? Did that mean he is still alive?

Maybe he escaped and walked down the road? Or the other side of the woods?

My head was pounding as more thoughts went through it.

How long was I out for?

As the officer made her way back to her patrol car, my body jerked up and I started to run away in the woods, slowly but speedily. 

A few twigs and leaves snapped as I stepped on them. I cringed. I heard the police car's door shut and the officer yell out towards my way. I panicked and continued to run but quietly and going in a different direction.

Within a few minutes, I was out of the woods and made it to a street that was at the back of town. It had mostly abandoned buildings and a few small houses. Tears started to run down my face as I ran. 

I don't remember where I went to after that...