Chapter 2

Authors note : anything in italics is going to be thoughts.
Anyway on to the story 😊
___________________________________________

Shestood frozen with her back faced to Professor Snape , slowly she turned around looked up at him and smiled expectantly. When her eyes met his black ones it seemed that time had stopped , her smile faltered and quickly averted her gaze.

She then said " Is there something you wanted to say professor?" Growing impatient.

"Yes-" it seemed as if he was calculating what he was about to say "- there will be a prefects meeting tomorrow night at 7 , I expect you will let your fellow prefect know ?"

She let out a sigh of relief, thank God he didn't bring up father , "Yes of course professor ."

She was about 5 feet from the door when she felt a hand closing around her wrist , without thinking twice she immediately swerved around and snatched her hand away with such force that she stumbled with her back against the door with a small squeak of fear .

Her heart felt as though it was going to explode , so with her back against the door and her hand over her chest the gravity of what just happened sunk in and she began to panic.

What was I thinking ? I know professor Snape wouldn't hurt me , he isn't father (Y/N) . Just calm down .

Slightly trembling she said in the most sturdy voice you could muster " Professor I'm-" but was cut short by Professor Snape interrupting her.

" Miss (Y/L/N) , why are you so terrified of your father ?" His voice wasn't his usual cold and distant one , it was worried and caring. The tone of his voice gave her a pause.

Realising what he had said caused her to be alarmed , " Professor have you been reading my thoughts ?" She asked in a slightly raised voice. The embarrassment of what happened faded away and she was both afraid of what he would think of her and angry he read her mind.

Shock flashed over his face for a few seconds then, as soon as it came it was gone. " I apologize miss (Y/L/N) , it was not my place , however , as a teacher I am required to protect my students." He said with a little bow.

" I'm afraid I have to get going , I'll see you tomorrow Professor. " and with that she left and slammed the door still angry that he invaded her privacy like that.

As soon as she got back to your room , what happened seemed to come down on her like a ton of bricks . She sank down on her bed and buried herr head in her hands He has probably guessed why I am so afraid of his touch. Merlin' s beard how will I be able to look at him now ? Ugh !

Heading up to dinner in the Great Hall , she was a little bit on edge. It's okay , all you have to do is avoid his eye . No problem. After she took her seat with her friends , she slightly relaxed and engaged in conversation with them throughout the meal.

Once dessert came around , her eyes swept across the hall and landed on the one person you didn't want to see - Professor Snape. She noticed that he was already staring at her, the smile decorating her lips faded and she slightly chocked on the pudding in her mouth.

Looking into his eyes , earlier incident was fresh in her mind. She averted her gaze and excused herself from the table , she could feel his gaze on her back as she left.

In the hallway leading to the Slytherin common room , she stopped abruptly and leaned against the wall to try and get her thoughts in order. Just calm down and keep your thoughts clear. Breathe , just breathe . He won't tell anyone about it , would he ? . And just like that panic rose again.

That night she slept uneasy and by the time morning rolled around , she was exhausted . She got up and got ready for the day ahead , determined to avoid Snape. The day wasn't as horrible as one might have thought it would be considering the circumstances , but then came Potions.

She decided to sit at the back of the class and work alone , before class ended Snape reminded the class about the prefect meeting you totally forgot about. Gasping slightly she pretended she remembered and left the class first.

The meeting consisted of all prefects , heads of houses , head boy and girl and the headmaster. It was just a normal meeting to explain the responsibilities to the new prefects and what not. She could not have been happier that it was not her and Snape alone. When the meeting was done she went to dinner and after that back to the common room to start on her homework.

It was around 11 and almost everyone was back in their dorms, as she was packing her things away the remainder of the people in the common room left. She got up stretched and turned to go to her room when she heard the secret way into the common room open.
__________________________________________