Part 8

THE day of the yearly board meeting come. And Camila was amazed on Lauren's performance on those few days that Lauren studied with her notes she got it amazingly, smooth and perfect. She even caught Dinah's smile on her and she knows that she was proud. Not just her even the board members was amazed on Lauren, they were speechless. After the meeting they congratulate Lauren on its job well done.

"I know you're the reason why Lauren is like that, speaking so smooth, claiming her stage," Dinah said when she approached Camila.

"She just got my notes and she did study, I did help a little but she did more."

"Yeah and you're her inspiration."

"Cheechee!" and playfully slap her bestfriends arm.

"It's true Chanch I always caught her looking at you, like time to time, duh!" and flip her hair.

And Camila just sighed as an answer, even her she didn't know what Lauren's intention are for her, she don't want to assume, "you think?"

"Yes! I know you're in doubt but Chanch being hurt is a part once you're in love, it's not always happy because it just make you stronger, the relationship you had with your partner, just like Mani and me, we sometimes fought, argue but we talk, always communicate and of course se—" and Camila shut her mouth by blocking its hand to hers.

"I know, I know you don't have to announce it."

"Okay," and she took Camila's hand away from her mouth, "here's your princess charming, I gotta exit."

"DJ," Lauren nod at Dinah as a greeting.

"Congratulations over there Lauser, not bad for a first time huh?" Dinah said playfully and she handed her hand to hers.

"Thanks DJ," Lauren said with a smile when she accepted Dinah's hand, noticing her firm grip on her hand and she understand what it means.

"I leave now, I still have a lunch date with my wife," and she bid goodbye and left the conference room.

Camila smiled looking at Lauren, "congratulations for today."

"For today huh?" and Lauren chuckled.

"Yes because there's more upcoming yearly board meeting, keep that suave move and slump your board members on their seats." And they both chuckled.

"It's because you're here, I'm nervous as hell if you don't know that, it looks like I'm drowning."

"That's why you keep looking at me?" she asked in a tease.

And Lauren blushed, "yeah—so thanks," and she handed her hand.

"You're always welcome Lo," and she accepts it, looking at each other.

"I'm hungry, let's eat, my treat."

"If you say so," and Lauren pulled her out of the conference room, once they outside Lauren let go of her hand to avoid rumors, she already warned Lauren about this that she must keep her private life separated from work and Lauren understand it and she was glad because Lauren is learning. "So, what's next?"

"The upcoming anniversary," Camila answered when they headed back to the office to get their purse.

"Anniversary?"

"Yes, JGT anniversary."

"Really, when?"

"Next week."

"Next week?! So close."

"No worries Ms. Lauren everything is settled."

"I told y—" and she sighed when she realized that they are not still in the office, on the way there, she almost forgot, "I trust you in that, okay we'll prepare."