Chapter 8

Today Demetrius is coming home, honestly I am just alittle sad about it. He was nice to me and everything it's just that now I will have to take on the wifely duties, one being having sex with him whenever he asks for it. I don't look forward to that at all.

The whole household is in an uproar, getting things ready for his arrival, apparently they have all been on somewhat of a vacation since he left to marry me.

The storm the day before has left the ground soggy, and all the small creeks and ponds around the estate are overflowing their banks making the whole area a muddy mess.

I have not stopped thinking of Fyn, all I can see are his beautiful eyes, and that charming smile, I don't know what has come over me, I have never thought of a man like this. I feel bad, like I am cheating on Demetrius somehow by thinking of another man. But how can I help it, I do not love Demetrius.

Gigi has not spoken to me since the little overnight stay at Fyns. I feel as if she might hate me for how forward and flirty I was with him. Every time I talk of my indifference towards Demetrius she quickly defends him as if she is his mother.

We spent the night in Fyns bed after he offered to sleep on the couch, he even cooked us a nice breakfast. I don't know what I will do when he comes to assume his job at the estate, I had lied about who I was and it will probably catch up with me.

It is midday and I am currently in the library taking morning tea, I look out the window and I am quite entertained by the servants and all their bustling.

I am not sure when Demetrius will be home, although I do hope he gets here after dark, the estate is an absolute mess right now, so hopefully he can get some rest before going about his duties.

A soft knock on the door interrupts my thoughts.

"Do come in." I say cheerily, I am in a rather fowl mood but the least I can do is act nice.

"Idriana?" I immediately leap to my feet. I would recognize that voice anywhere.

"Demetrius, I didn't expect you back so early!" I say, in mock excitement.

He stands at the door water dripping from his boots and pant legs, he is as handsome as ever, with his hair plastered wet against his face, any other girl would be thrilled to be married to such a man.

"Well, here I am." He says, his voice sounds tired, "Come at least give me a hug." He holds out his arms towards me.

I quickly, set my tea cup down and walk hurriedly toward him. I open my arms and wrap them around his waist, looking up at him I smile softly, the dampness of his clothes feel cold against my face. His height is something I will never be used to, my face barely reaches to his chest.

"I am going to go call a bath, and get out of these wet clothes." He says, "have the servants bring supper to my room."

"Yes, sir," I say, pulling away from him.

"Please don't call me sir," He says, as he caresses my cheek with his large hand. I shiver slightly, his hand feels so cold.

"Do warm up, Love." I say with a small wink, grabbing his hand in my own, and rubbing it slightly.

"That's better," he nods approvingly and with a gentle kiss to my forehead he is gone.

After he is gone I decide to make my way to the servants courters to ask them to bring Demetrius his supper. I could just ring the bell but I figure I might as well take a walk and sneak a peek at how the cleaning and reorganizing is going.

I reach the stairs just in time to bump into Gigi. She looks at me as if she is surprised to see me.

"Oh, I'm so sorry my lady." She says curtsying. "I was just heading to the kitchen."

"If you wouldn't mind could you tell the cook Demetrius would like to have his supper brought to his room, he is quite tired from his travels." I say, "and Gigi, please forgive me for the danger and awkward position I put you in." I add, hoping she will acknowledge my apology.

"Of course my lady, do not worry about it, I will tell the cook." She gives me a quick nod and scurries down the hall.

I sigh in defeat, at least I tried what more can I do? I can't help the feeling of attraction I had towards Fyn, and maybe I shouldn't have acted upon that attraction but my good sense had left me and now I was paying for that mistake. A mistake I would never make again.

I continue my perusal of the grounds, everything is looking absolutely wonderful. The hedges have been trimmed the roses tended to and blooming beautifully. I walk slowly around the back taking deep breaths of fresh air there is a soft wind blowing, nothing could be more perfect.

I decide it might be time to go back inside, I have cleared out my head some, and I think I am actually starting to feel like I could one day call this beautiful estate home.

Suddenly a servant comes rushing up to my side he seems alittle out of breath he must have been running.

"I have been trying to find you everywhere my lady, Demetrius requests your presence in the upstairs dining room, when you have finished your walk."

"My lady?" I turn sharply, I know that voice!

"Fyn?" I breath out harshly, "I can explain..."