Chapter 9

"Oh no need to explain." He says, he smiles a tight smile and turns to leave. I can sense his annoyance.

"Please, Fyn." I say running after him, well more like stumbling, damn this dress. "Fyn, I can explain. I want to explain!"

"Really, you do not owe me an explanation and neither do I want one." He says, turning back to face me, "you had your reasons for hiding your identity and I don't want to pry, and if your worried I may say something to Demetrius, you should understand that I am not that sort of person."

"I know you wouldn't say anything, it's just that I feel I should clarify my behavior in some way." I say, looking at the ground. "My head was not where it should have been last night and I am sorry for putting you in that situation, I was forced into marriage and I have yet to adjust to the ways of a mature wife, and I know that is no excuse for the way I acted but I hope that you will forgive me and we can be civil."

"Of course, My Lady," he says with a small smile, "I accept your apology." He stares into my eyes solemnly, but all I can think of his how those lips would feel on mine. I quickly look back down at my shoes.

"Thankyou, now I will be off to make sure Demetrius is comfortable." I say.

"Have a good afternoon." He says before giving me a small bow and walking towards the gardens.

I don't know what to think, it's like my brain and body are not attached when I am around Fyn, my body wants him so badly and yet my brain knows that is so, so wrong.

Demetrius is a wonderful man and I should be happy with my lot in life. It could be a lot worse.

I walk slowly towards the house, and head upstairs to see how Demetrius is doing.

Once upon his room I gently knock on the door.

"Who is it?"

"It is I, Indie." I say timidly.

"Oh come on in, dear." He says kindly.

I walk in to find him still in his bath, I turn away quickly.

"It's okay," he says, "remember we are now husband and wife." He let's out a small chuckle and it makes me feel much better.

"I'm sorry," I say, "I have just never seen a man... you know..." I trail off my face burning with embarrassment.

"Naked?" He asks, with a chuckle.

"Yes." I say, "as you know I am not very old and I was quite sheltered."

"Of course," he says, looking at me with a loving smile, "and I wouldn't have it any other way."

I go to sit on the bed and watch as he takes the cloth and rubs his chest lightly with the soap. He looks very attractive sitting there so calm and relaxed, his body wet from the water.

Without even thinking I walk over to the tub, he looks up, surprised.

"I'll wash your back if you like?" I say, timidly.

"You don't have to," he says, more as a question.

"No I want to." I say, assured.

"Okay here." He says as he hands me the cloth, it feels warm and soft in my hand.

Thankfully the layer of suds hides the rest of his body, I am not quite ready for that reveal, but I know I will have to get used to it soon, he is in fact my husband.

I gently rub his back with the cloth, giving him a light massage while I am washing him. He seems content his eyes close as he leans into me.

I smile, this feels good. Rewarding somehow.

After a few minutes he moves to face me.

"I can take it from here," he says, staring deeply into my eyes, "thankyou, Indie, that felt very good."

"Your welcome," I say, "I will go downstairs and come back when you are ready to have supper."

I am not ready to see the rest of him, and I feel alittle awkward.

"Of course," he says, "maybe one day you'll enjoy the bath with me." He gives me alittle wink and I feel very embarrassed, my cheeks must have let him see my discomfort, because he quickly adds, "but only when you are ready,"

I don't understand myself, how can I be so forward and flirty with Fyn but when my husband so much as mentions anything remotely sexual I am suddenly so embarrassed. Why does my body react differently to Fyn. Demetrius is wonderful to look at and yet, I don't get those butterflies that I do when Fyn so much as looks at me.

What am I to do with Fyn working so close? How am I to keep those thoughts at bay?

I resolve to put Fyn out of my mind and focus on my husband. He is who I should be thinking about.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

sorry for the short chapter, I just didn't have anymore inspiration... ugh

I am currently writing this on a plane headed to Dallas, Texas