[Chapter 8] - The Talk

Legend:
(Y/N) - Your Name
(H/L) - Hair Length
(H/C) - Hair Color
(E/C) - Eye Color
(F/C) - Favorite Color
(D/V) - Device

===========================

(Your POV)

Natsuki: P-Performing?

Yuri: P... Um, Monika...

Monika: Yeah! We're going to be having a poetry performance. Each of us are going to choose a poem to recite during the event. But the cool part is, we're also going to let anyone else come up and recite poems too! Sayori's putting it on all the posters in case anyone wants to prepare ahead of time.

Since Sayori wasn't here, I held up a work in progress poster that she was working on for Yuri and Natsuki to see.

Natsuki: Are you kidding me, Monika? You didn't... You didn't already start putting those posters up, did you?

Monika: Eh? Well, I did... Do you really think it's that bad of an idea...?

Natsuki: Well, no. It's not a bad idea. But I didn't sign up for this, you know! There is NO way I'm going to be performing in front of a group of people like that!

Yuri: I... I agree with Natsuki! I could never... In my life... Do something like that...

Imagining it, Yuri shakes her head in fear.

(Y/N): Guys, I know it could be embarrassing, but don't be like that.

Monika: No, (Y/N)... I understand where they're coming from. Remember that Natsuki and Yuri have never shared their poems with anyone until just a couple days ago... It's a lot to ask for them to recite their poems out loud to a whole room full of people.

(Y/N): O-Oh... I guess you're right.

Monika: I guess I kinda overlooked it. I'm sorry.

Natsuki: ...

Monika: ...But! I still think we should give it our best! We're the only ones responsible for the fate of this club..If we start the event and each put on a good performance... Then it will inspire others to do the same! And the more people who perform, the better we'll be able to show everyone what literature is all about!

(Y/N): I totally agree. I mean all in all it's about having fun while expressing your inner emotions through the lines of paper and a pen.

Monika: That's right! And it's those reasons that we're all in this club today. Don't you want to share that with others? To inspire them to find the same feelings that brought you here in the first place? I know you do. I know we all do. And if all it takes is standing in front of the room for two minutes and reciting a poem... Then I know you can do it!

Natsuki: ...

Yuri: ...

Natsuki and Yuri remain silent. Seeing this, I guess it's time for me to do the guilt trip.

(Y/N): Yuri, Natsuki... I know you probably don't want to do this, but don't do it for me. Don't do it for Monika. Do it for the literature club. Monika and Sayori worked so hard to get this club together, and they don't want all of their hard earn work go to waste. The least you girls could do is help them.

Natsuki: Well... Maybe, but...

Natsuki tried to retaliate, but stayed silent. It looks like she doesn't have any arguments left.

Natsuki: Uu... Okay, fine! I guess I'll just have to get it over with.

Guilt trip. Works everytime.