[Chapter 12] - Dark Dreams

Legend:
(Y/N) - Your Name

===========================

(Your POV)

Natsuki: Ahh, that smells so good!

The cupcakes are ready to be pulled out of the oven. As soon as Natsuki opens the oven door, a blast of sweet-smelling warm air fills the room.

(Y/N): Damn, they all do look good.

Natsuki: I know right?! Look at how cute they all look together!

She proudly shows off the different-colored cupcakes in each of the trays.

(Y/N): They'll look even better once we add the icing.

Natsuki: Not like you need to tell ME that! I brought decorating stuff, so I hope you can get creative. Here, scoop the icing into these bags.

Natsuki hands me some plastic bags, which I also grabbed the icing from her as well..

Natsuki: I have these nozzles that will make it look nice and fluffy. This one can even make flowers! We probably won't be using it this time, though.

I pick up one of the nozzles that has a much thinner tip than the others.

(Y/N): What about these? Are these for stuff like lines or such?

Natsuki: Yeah, but you can also use it to write stuff on a cake. Like, "Happy Birthday!" or whatever.

Big brain moment.

(Y/N): That gives me an idea, actually.

Natsuki: Eh?

(Y/N): Well, it's a literature event, right? We could make it more literature-themed by writing a different word on each of the cupcakes. It would be fun to see people choose their cupcake based on a word they like.

Natsuki was silent for a moment, as she was thinking over what I said to her.

Natsuki: Uu...

(Y/N): Was that a bad idea?

Natsuki: Well... I was kind of expecting you to say something really stupid... But that's actually... A really cute idea, so...

(Y/N): (chuckles) Maybe I'm getting it from you.

Natsuki: W-What's that supposed to mean? I'm not cute!

(Y/N): Oh come on... We're not at school, nobody's judging. You can't dress and act like this and not expect me to think you're cute.

Natsuki: W-Well...

Her voice trails off.

Natsuki: Same with you...

(Y/N): (blushes slightly) Heh... I mean I'm not all that much, but thanks.

Natsuki: Ugh! (blushes even more than me) Let's just do the damn icing!

Natsuki picks up the pace and fastens a nozzle onto each of the bags.

Natsuki: There's a lot to do, so we shouldn't be wasting time! Here, I'll show you how to do it.

(Y/N): H-Hey! No need to grab my wrist so tightly you know.

Without giving me a chance to think, Natsuki quickly moves on. She shows me how to apply the icing, and then we each get to work.