eight

I glanced at Yuta, who was sitting on a swivel hair, while tapping on his phone. I heavily sighed as I input all the values Johnny was asking for. How is this man going to even help us?

Johnny's phone rang and he picked it up. "Oh, yeah sure bring him up."

I stopped what I was doing and looked at him, "You're expecting someone? Should I wear my mask?"

He shook his head and threw a piece of paper at Yuta. "You! If you're not going to be useful, get out of that chair and go home. Taeil's here already."

Yuta threw the paper back at Johnny and scoffed, "I am doing my job. Seola, I got the list of active assassins from the time your father was killed. Although there are many, we'll cancel out those that Jaehyun and I know based on your recall of the incident."

I nodded in understanding and the door opened with Taeil accompanied by two guards. After entering the room, the two guards bowed and left us. Yuta got out of Taeil's chair and decided to sit on top of my table which was squeaky clean. I glared at him, continuing my work.

"Good morning, Seola." Taeil greeted, I gave him a small smile and greeted him back.

"Johnny, how much was the payment proposed to us on the last mission, which was two days ago?"

"5 million, I think. Why?"

"Something isn't adding up. The total balance in the account is just 3 million. Did they tell you they were going to pay in full? Because if I am fucking right with my math, we're missing 2 million."

Johnny walked to my side, Taeil and Yuta copying him and peeking at the file shown on the laptop. Johnny moved the mouse, carefully scanning the file and the account. He shook his head and dialed someone's number then went out the room. Taeil walked back to his chair while Yuta just stared at me.

"What?", I mouthed at him.

"You're free later right? Let's go to my club, to the VIP bar. Jaehyun's coming home later from China and he'll go back again tomorrow so we need to talk to him as soon as possible."

I pursed my lips. I'm not sure if hanging out with two assassins would be a good idea but, I agreed to it anyway. I replied yes to him and he gave his attention back to his phone. Johnny came back with a cold look on his face.

"Yuta, you need to take care of something just now. Everything's on the phone." He told Yuta. Yuta, who was sitting on top of my table, stood up and straightened his back. He nodded at Johnny and left the room. I gulped silently, knowing what Yuta would be doing in the next few hours. I continued to do my work after he left. There are three scheduled missions for next week that's why I need to check the gang's inventory and finances until tomorrow to prepare for the missions.

I cracked my knuckles after I've finished checking the finances. It was already around 6PM and Johnny and Taeil's eyes were still focused on their laptop's screens. I shut down my laptop and left it on top of the table. I opened the safe inside the room, which was carefully hidden, and left the laptop inside. Johnny noticed me and stopped at what he was doing.

"You going home?" He asked and I nodded.

"Well, I'll eat dinner first then go to Yuta's club. He told me we need to talk with another member of yours, um- Jaehyun is his name, I think." Johnny bobbed his head. I walked to my assigned desk and fixed my things, ready to go when Johnny called my name.

"Be careful when you go home. Text Seonho if you've arrive-" I snickered at him.

"Yes, Dad." I drawled out and before he could say anything, I rushed out of the room quickly. Two bodyguards that were assigned to our room bowed goodbye to me and I did the same.

I went out of the building through the back door and walked out of the area. I put on my earphones and listened to some music before heading to the old restaurant I always eat dinner at. After a whole fifteen to twenty minutes of walking, I arrived at the restaurant and greeted the old couple who owns the place and some staff. I ordered one of their bestsellers which was a set meal. I thought of ordering a bottle of soju but decided not to since I was going to the bar later. My meal came after a few minutes, I tied my hair and got ready to dig in. Just when I was about to finish my meal, my phone vibrated through my pocket. I stopped eating and checked my phone. Seonho messaged me a picture of him inside their campus cafeteria, he was eating with his friends. He's enjoying this more than I do, I thought.

After I finished eating, I paid for my meal and the old couple smiled at me as I handed them the money. They also talked to me about how I was gone for a few days. I came up with an excuse that I was out of the country because of business meetings. I waved goodbye to them and headed straight to Yuta's bar. I wish Yuta is there already so I can go home early.

I noticed that the bar's lights are still not on so I walked to where the back door was and knocked. The familiar bouncer opened the door and frowned.

"Yuta told me to wait inside the VIP bar." I whispered to him and he nodded. He opened the door wide enough for me to fit in after observing the area then instantly closed it. I smiled at the staff and opened the door of the VIP room.

I let out a shriek when someone was already inside sitting on the velvet couch. I had my hands around my chest, trying to breathe slowly. The man stood up and bowed to me. Isn't he kind of familiar?

"Hello, I'm Jaehyun. I'm assuming you're Yoo Seola?"

I gulped nervously, "Yes that's me."

He looked at his watch. "Yuta is... quite unavailable at this time and I think he would be late. Since I have the list he sent, let's start talking."