nine

"Can you tell me some details about your father's death? Like, the voice of the assassin? We can start with that first."

I gulped, "I know it's a man. The voice was really deep and his built was well, looked like a man's body."

"Okay then." Jaehyun crossed out the names that were identified as women.

"What about those that don't have any identification?" I asked, looking over at the 5 papers that were spread on the table in front of us.

"Well, I lack some knowledge on the old assassins but I know some of these people enjoy torturing their 'missions', as we call them, so we can cross them out." Jaehyun sighed as he crossed out some more off the list.

"Yuta is more knowledgeable about some of them since he grew up learning about the old ones and some of them he grew up with." He continued and I looked at him, shocked about was he just said.

"Grew up with? There's a place like that?"

Jaehyun nodded, still skimming over the papers. "Yuta was born from a yakuza family. Since he was the eldest son, he was trained to be an assassin."

My mouth gaped at the new and not-so-helpful information and just nodded at him. It must have been tough for Yuta to be trained to do something horrible at a young age. Jaehyun was shaking his head as he looked at the papers. There were over 200 names and so far, Jaehyun and I have crossed out less than a hundred.

"Is there more to what you remember? Was he masked? Do you remember any tattoos? Does he have an accent?"

I thought really hard for a few minutes before answering him. "100% no accent so he's not a foreigner or he just knew how to speak Korean. That would mean he stayed here for a long time to be fluent in Korean. He also wore all black and a cap, plus it was nighttime so I didn't notice if he had a mask on. Other than that guess, I don't rem- Ah!"

Jaehyun glanced at me, waiting for a new information. I closed my eyes and buried my head onto my hands. I was trying to remember the words he said before killing my father.

"He said something..."

Jaehyun urged me to continue, "There are some who like to leave a clue to their identities, some left calling cards with their aliases, some say something making it seem like its their signature. For sadistic ones, they carve something on their 'missions'."

"He said something like, 'You are not required?...'" I glanced at Jaehyun who was staring at me like I said something strange.

"I-I'm not sure... I-I was too shock-" I stuttered, feeling intimidated under his gaze.

"...Your services are no longer required... Is that it?" Jaehyun asked, I widened my eyes and nodded at him.

"Yes! That's exactly what he said! Do you know this guy? I mean, he would be old right now bu-"

"I know him, Yuta does too. You can leave now, Yuta and I will handle this." I shook my head at him.

"What?! Why? I mean, it has something to do with me! I-"

Jaehyun put his hand on my shoulder. My body stiffened at his sudden action and I couldn't bring myself to look into his eyes.

"Yuta will contact you later. Now, leave."

I didn't have the time to argue with Jaehyun since he literally pushed out of the room. The bouncer outside escorted me out of the bar. I hmphed and stomped my foot on the cemented floor. Since the night was still young, I called another one of my drinking buddies before going home. Let's just hope she picks up.

"Hello?"

"Yo! You free tonight? Maybe we coul-"

"Seola? No! I'm not free tonight! My boyfriend and I-"

I laughed, "Shut up, you and your boyfriend broke up weeks ago."

"How the fuck did you even know that?" I grinned at her response.

"So it is true! Ha! It was just a guess because I saw your boyfriend hanging around girls two weeks ago I think? Get out of your lair and meet me at A's club. Bye."

Before I can end the call, I heard her shout. "Fine bitch!"

since this story is also tagged smtown, expect some sm artists and ex-sm artists to show up hehehe

THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION(LMAO) and UR CONTINUOUS SUPPORT FOR THIS STORY  ♥♥♥