Stay With Me?

Warning: Angst & fluff
Includes: this contains detailed anxiety/panic attacks and mentions of abuse
Requested by: Emtail
Hope ya enjoy!!

  Todoroki's pov:

I sat in the corner of my room as a tear fell down my cheek. I felt my breathing getting faster and faster. I looked at my hands as they were shaking rapidly. I couldn't hold back my tears as they started pouring out of my eyes.

'Just calm down Shoto' I tried to tell myself, but it wasn't working. I didn't want to go back, I couldn't. But I had too. Even just thinking about it made me feel worse. I felt as my body started heating up and immediately cooled down till I was shivering.

I looked at the time. '4 in the morning-I just need to....no I can't!-just thinking about it makes me wanna bawl up and cry! Why do I have to go back! What did I do!?' I buried my face into my knees and arms as much as possible. Trying to hide from the reality of the world.

Soon enough I was in the fetal position on the floor still crying and shaking. I wanted someone to come and help me, be near me, just be there.....but no one could. No one would. I was alone and it would probably forever stay that way...just like he said. Like he always said.

I felt sweat start to slowly drip down my forehead and began to feel nauseous. 'No..not again' I thought to myself. I already knew it in the back of my head...but it was becoming more clear now. My anxiety was slowly taking over me as I kept crying onto the cold floor.

Starting to think about it more. About going back. To a place that should be safe and secure...but wasn't. A place I had to call home. Where I would be treated like shit. Threatened death and physical harm. Where I would face physical and verbal abuse. Where I would be worked until I couldn't even stand on my own two feet. All by one person. A person everyone thought was so great and mighty. A person I had to call my father.

Just thinking about it made me feel even worse. I felt my stomach twist in pain before everything was interrupted by a knock on my door.

Finally opening my eyes I noticed the winter wonderland I had created in my dorm. The whole room was almost covered in ice. Then I looked at the door as there was another loud knock. I didn't respond, although I wanted someone to be with me, to hold me in there arms and tell me everything was okay....I also didn't. I didn't want that. Especially from one of my classmates. I didn't want them to know that anything was wrong, or even think it. And I don't want people to know what happens at my house.....because I know it will probably just result it in becoming worse.

There was another knock before silence. Then a voice spoke up. A familiar one. "Icyhot could you open the fucking door?" The person asked. It was Bakugou. Definitely one of the last people I wanted to see me like this.

After I thought he left he spoke up again. "I can hear you from the floor below Halfie-something is up-plus your making the whole fucking dorms cold" he said, sounding oddly calmer then usual.

Once again I didn't respond. Soon I saw the door handle rattle. Then I remembered I didn't lock my door. The door started to slightly open and I wanted to move to the bathroom or something. I didn't want him to see me. But I couldn't. I couldn't move. All I could do was cry.

He opened the door closing it behind as he walked into the room. Not noticing me at first, which at the time i wished would have stayed that way, but once he did he looked at me for a second before he walked over and crouched down next to me, wrapping his arms around me.

I just cried into his chest as he held me in his arms. Then he mumbled something to me, softly. "What's wrong?" He asked. I could barley even talk, so my answer was barley heard. But he was listening. "I-I just hav-e to d-do someth-th-thing I don't want t-to" I cried, not knowing why I was telling him this. "What do you have to do?" He asked.

I didn't respond I only kept crying. Shaking even more knowing that if I told him he would probably go off and tell someone. "It's okay" he whispered to me feeling this happen. "You can tell me"

I took in a deep breath, barley succeeding to do so as my breathing was faster then usual, and tried to speak again. "I h-have to g-o somewhere" I replied as tears kept rolling down my cheeks. "Where?" He asked. I didn't want to respond but I felt I had to. I needed to tell someone about my problems or they would only end up getting worse. "My h-house" I responded hoping it was the right thing to say.

He didn't even need to ask more questions before he already had an idea of what I was talking about. He hugged me tighter and sighed. "It's okay" he started before he lightly grabbed my face in his palms making me look at him. "It's okay" he repeated again taking his palms of my face and grabbing my shaky hands. "Because I'm here and trust me when I say I won't let anything happen to you. I promise"

I just looked down as another tear rolled down my cheek. I was starting to calm down but...I still had a thought in the back of my mind that this was going to make things worse. He lightly pushed my chin up with his fingers and whipped away my tear, and softly squeezed onto my hands with his other hand. "Just trust me okay" he muttered. I didn't know what to do so I just leaned forward and hugged him again. Wanting to just be in his arms. Where I felt safe.

We sat there for a good while before I spoke up. "Can you stay here with me?" I asked still sniffling. He squeezed onto me a little harder and responded with a, "of course" and he lightly picked me up in his arms and carried me to my bed. Laying right next to me as I nuzzled my head into his chest. Hoping that everything was going to be okay like he promised.

**********************
I feel like this came out a lot sadder then expected but as I wrote I just went with it.

And being a person who does have some anxiety issues myself I went a little with some of my past experiences with it for Todo.

And I'm going to be honest....I feel like I did trail of a little from what the original request was....but I hope it's okay

I don't have anything else to say so bye-now I'm going to keep working on the next one cuz I have nothing else to do