Hearing Without Words

Type: angst, fluff
Includes: hard of hearing baku and an annoying, stupid, ugly, horrible, inhuman, straight up eww Mineta....
Requested by: Emtail 
Hope ya enjoy!

<•Bakugou's pov•>

Ever since I was a little kid my hearing has been bad. My parents just thought it was because I grew up in a loud household. It wasn't that bad, right? Wrong. As I got older it got worse and worse till I could barley hear anything anymore.

I was constantly being taken to the doctor, my parents wanted to fix me. But there was nothing left to fix. It wouldn't get better, all I could do was live with it.

I started wearing hearing aids at the age of 12. And learned sign language around the same time. Although it sucks, there are some positives I can think of. I mean as a kid being told you were never going to get better you had to think of some. Like if my old hag of a mother yells at me too much, then I can just turn my hearing aids off. Yeah she'll sign it to me then, but at least I don't have to hear her annoying ass voice....I mean at least what I can hear from it.

And my quirk. Let's not forget about that, yep a loud ass quirk for a kid who can't hear. How convenient. Surprisingly my explosions didn't effect my hearing at all. It was just going down by itself.

~~~

There was a small tap on my shoulder knocking me out of everything in my head. It was Picachu. He gave me a smile. "Hey Bakubro-I'm starting to try and learn how to sign, look!" He smiled again. 'I've and oop' he signed. Probably not what he was trying to do.

(by the way if it's in ' ' that means it's being signed)

I sighed. "What did you try and say?" I asked him. "And I oop" he said. "Why?-did I do it wrong?-dang it!" He put his arms down. "Here let me show you" I sighed. 'And I oop' "There, like that"

"Oooooooh—okay!" He smiled then started practicing it. I have to admit it was sweet, he had been talking about learning it lately so it would be easier for me to talk to him. Which I appreciate, because with the hearing aids it helps. But it's still not as good as I wish it was.

~~~

We meet up with the rest of our friends, with dunce face still practicing what I showed him on the way, and got our food and sat down at our usual table.

"So-I've got tea!!" Bubble gum stated as she sat down. "Get ready because the kettle is squealing!!" She said excitedly. The others talked but I couldn't help but zone out. And look at....a certain someone.

I watched as Peppermint walked with shitty Deku and his "crew" to a table and sat down. Don't call me a stalker, but I like watching him. Not in a creepy way—don't get any ideas you extras!! But in an....observational way. Nah still sounds weird.

He sat down and looked up, our eyes meet for a moment as he gave a small smile before looking away. I returned the smile, although he didn't see it, and I could feel my face turning pink.

I looked down and back up again, and there was a hand in my face. "C'mon Bro-I've been waving my hand in your face for the last century!" Shitty hair spoke as I looked at him. "Tsk, whatever" I said turning my attention to my food as I began to eat. "Who were ya lookin at?" Tape dispenser asked in a weird tone. "Oooooo more tea! Mamma likey" Bubblegum said rubbing her hands together weirdly.

"Stop fucking referring to yourself like that-it's fucking weird, and I wasn't looking at anyone thank you every much!" I snapped. "But Mamma likes referring to Mamma, as Mamma" She said, without me understanding a word of her sentence. "And don't try and hide it—you were looking at you know who again" Shitty hair winked as he playfully nudged me with his elbow, over and over again. I grabbed his arm. "Do it again and this arm is gone" and with that he stopped. I love having people fear me.