Chapter Seven

Swirling lights all color surround me. Then the colors leave me in the dark. Then suddenly I feel a lot of deep sharp pain all over me. I can't scream but I would if I could. Then everything is a pure white glow, but then black again. The pain goes away all at once. The swirling colors come back surrounding me and then go away. I look straight in front of me, gathering my thoughts. I see that I'm in an alley way in the late day. Flashes of red, blue, white cars catch my eye. They look nothing like any car I have ever seen. I reach into my pocket and take the wallet. There is a driver's licence, a couple of credit cards, maybe ten bucks, and that piece of paper with the address on it. I walk out onto the sidewalk, hoping to find my way.

I'm actually on the right street and the address leads to what looks like a whorehouse. Carefully I creep around towards the side of the building. I see an air duct and pull out the vent. I crawl around in the dark slowly, trying to be as quiet as I can. I keep crawling until I see a light. I look below and see a couple of stripper dancing around. Only a couple men were in the room. I can't hear what they are talking about over the music. I crawl on until I see the next light, I look down to see a small room where two guys are.

"Johnson hasn't been in for a couple of days," The bury man with a cigar says as he puts his feet up on the desk, leaning back in his chair.

"Probably dead," a skinny fellow says. "He is a bastard that red head."

"Yeah, the person I feel bad for is that girl he is with. She has to be around a douche like that."

"She does have to. She chooses too. And now she is probably going to dead because of it."

"Yeah, such a shame. What is her relationship to him anyway?"

"No one knows for sure and we know is that she and another boy came together and is trying to protect them."

"Stupid children they'll kill themselves."

"Yeah, I know" Suddenly a phone rings and the skinny man pulls out those phones that Sam was talking to me about. "Hold on I got to take this." He walks out and I start going back the way I came. Quietly crawl back the way I came. I step on the ground and pull out of the small space when I see two pairs of shoes that are not mine. I glance only to find a guy with a bat. I dart in the other direction but he is right behind me. I hear thud and everything went black.

--------------------------------------

When I come to, I see that I'm in a dark, dirty room, tied to a pole with rope. I can't see much around and there looks to be no one around. I can feel a huge bump on the back of my head throbbing. I feel that my gun is gone along with the wallet and the time traveling device. The only thing I have is a pocket knife they must have missed in my shirt pocket. I tried to slip my arm out of the rope to reach it but nothing gives way. I finally give up and wait for them to come and kill me. 

A light shines from upstairs minutes later and a shadow comes towards. This is it. This how I'm going to die. I brace myself for death when then he says, "Mr. Bailey the judge will see you now."

"What judge?" I say.

"The judge that will decide for you to live or die," he says as he unties me and starts to bound my hands.

"Wait," I say trying to buy time to think.

"What?" he says impatiently.

"I need to take a leak," I say.

He sighs and says, "Oh well alright, just go in the corner over there."

"Um...," I say "I'm going to need both hands." He sighs again and unties my hands. I punch as hard I can in the face. He is stunned, I grab out my pocket knife and stab him in throat. He falls on the floor and I take his gun.

"Did you hear that?" I heard from upstairs. The sound of foot steps got louder and louder. The door knobs turn and brace myself for the worst.