trois ✓

Trois: Rosalie Hale

Trois: Rosalie Hale.

Tuesday Morning | Sekhani's House

Segra Reed is the ideal image of what comes to mind when you think of the word 'mother'. With a cheesy apron that said,'Kiss The Cook', her glasses crooked, her bangs swishing on her forehead and her ponytail on the verge of coming undone, she was a mess as she prepared breakfast.

"Phoebe, two pancakes or three?" Segra pursed her lips as she looked at the teenage girl. Phoebe Love had made it her job to always be present for breakfast at the Reed house every morning, stating firmly that any food prepared by Segra Reed was the love of her life and she needed it. She was an absolute lover of food and she would everything in her path if she was allowed.

Phoebe gave her an incredulous look and scoffed,"Do you even have to ask Aunty Segra?"

That was another thing that seemed to be normal in the household. Phoebe had fallen into the habit of calling Sekhani's mother her aunt because the woman was the closest thing Phoebe had to an authoritative female figure in her life. With Persephone, Phoebe's mother, living in another state with her new husband, Segra Reed had quickly weaseled her way in the young girl's heart as a second mother.

Segra shook her head at what she now knew to be a stupid question before flipping three fluffy pancakes onto a white plate and placing it in front her adopted-but-not-adopted daughter.

She then placed a fruit bowl in front of her son, the fruit ranging of color variety. Sekhani gave his mother a small smile and speared a kiwi with his fork before putting it in his mouth. He held back a moan as the sweet flavor of his favorite fruit danced on his taste buds. He turned to ask Phoebe a question but only ended up choking on his fruit when he caught sight of his best friend.

Phoebe had a huge pancake chunk on her fork, whipped cream smeared all around her lipstick coated lips and she looked like she wasn't even chewing, just swallowing. He knew what the cheeky girl would say if he pointed out that she wasn't even chewing.

'Oh c'mon Sekhani. You know that swallowing is always the best option.' She would say with a hint of mischief shining in her brown eyes.

Sekhani grabbed his napkin and leaned over to wipe at his best friend's messy face. Phoebe gave him a large grin,"Thank you baby." Sekhani rolled his eyes at the endearment but his chest warmed as it usually did when she called him that.

"C'mon we should get going." Phoebe grabbed her keys from of the table when they had both finished eating.

"Bye Aunty Segra!" The Asian girl yelled over her shoulder as she opened the door and stepped out into the cloudy morning.