dix-neuf ✓

Dix-neuf: The art of survival

Crest Care Hospital| LA

"I said no." Rosalie scowled down at her freckled best friend who lay paler than usual in a hospital bed.

"She's my sister, I want to see her." Sekhani glared at the plain white sheets that were stretched under his lanky body.

"Phoebe is in transition Sekhani, you won't be able to see her for a while. No one will." She stared at the boy's crestfallen face sympathetically.

"She wouldn't be in transition if it wasn't for me. You guys wouldn't have been in this position, if it wasn't for me. I'm beginning to think that I'm the cause of every problem in my friends' lives." He blinked away the tears that lay on his lash line.

"Listen to me," Rosalie tilted his head up and wiped away a tear that had managed to escape. "We love you. All of us. And we would do anything for you and we know that you would do anything for us, okay?"

Sekhani sniffed and nodded shakily. He just wanted to go home. He had to get blood transfusions to replace all the blood James had drained from him and the large bandage that was wrapped on his neck would be a reminder of that. Apparently when he was unconscious, the vampire had also broken one of his arms.

"Is Edward ever going to come and speak to me?" The words tasted bitter on his tongue. He knew that the boy seemed to be avoiding conversation with him and he had no idea why.

The last time he had seen his golden-eyed boyfriend was when he had first woken up. His gorgeous boyfriend was smiling down at him with a face full of relief. And then any emotion was wiped from his face and he all but sprinted out of the room.

"Edward, much like you, is stupid and and is blaming himself for everything that happened." Rosalie caressed her friend's hand as she spoke, knowing the topic of her brother would only end badly.

"He's being a martyr? That's why he hasn't come speak to his boyfriend who almost died? Charming." Sekhani rolled his eyes sarcastically but tears filled his cerulean blue eyes at the mere thought.

Rosalie wiped away the second tear that had escaped his eye since she arrived and gave him a stern look. "He just needs a moment. He still loves you and he will talk to you."

Sekhani sniffed and willed the tears to go away but they just wouldn't. "Okay."

"Okay. I have to go and hunt with Emmett now but I'll be back. I promise." She leaned down and pressed a cool kiss to her best friend's unruly curls.

"Rosalie." He called her before she could close the door.

The blonde stuck her head back in the door with an eyebrow raised,"Yeah?"