Chapter 1

The whole room was dark, screams could be heard from outside, people pleading for theirs and their loved ones lives.

The blonde teenager didn't understand what was happening, everything was passing so fast for her to try and rationalize the situation.

Then, it all calmed down, the shadows in the floor started to move slower. Almost as if time was about to freeze.

She saw a man, with long blonde hair and dark clothes ushering away with a baby, he left her in a basement of sorts, beside a crown. The man seemed to smile and ran away.

"Krystal! You have to protect your sister!"

She heard a woman's voice scream at her and everything lighted up in a bright red, the same color as fire.

The girl woke up startled, jumping out of her bed. She grabbed her chest and tried to steady her breathing.

"Four in the morning... I better start my warms up."

Krystal was already dressed in her training attire, her hair up in a high ponytail and a glare on her eyes

She loved early morning workouts and practice sessions for the cold in the air, but that didn't mean she likes to workout, in fact, it's the total opposite. The teen knew her flaws very well and one of them is her laziness.

She would've preferred stay in bed all day and do nothing, just like her older sister.

But here she was stretching the life out of her body, to the point the pain was almost unbearable, but as the saying goes 'no pain, no gain'.

She felt her whole body ache when she worked on her legs extensions, those were her nightmare.

After three hours she decided she was warm enough to run to the rink for her ballet class and ice time with Yuri.

"Krystal, are you going to the rink today?" Vanessa, her mom asked from the kitchen when she heard the door of the basement, it was very clear that she wanted something from her.

They were nothing alike though, the skin tone, bone structure, personality... It was almost as if they weren't blood related at all, honestly if they were to tell her she was adopted, she wouldn't be surprised.

"Yes, Yakov wants to work on my Quads, and on the long program today, maybe some partner work with Yuri." The teen explained, gathering her things.

"I was wondering if you could accompany Bloom today." Her mom told her, well begged her.

As any parents in the world, they had preferences. While Krystal was clearly a Daddy's girl, the older sister was her mom favorite.