[Season 1Ep. 00] Surged

"Corky!" I hear my older sister yell my name from down the hall so I slow down. Margot finally catches up to me and hands me a bag. "What's this?" I ask as I look inside. "That's the shirt you wanted for 80's day for Monday."

"Margot, you shouldn't have. Thanks." I hug her and she hugs me back. She lets me go and I lean against my locker. "So any plans tonight?" I shake my head. "No, I'll probably go home and just binge watch some tv."

"Corky, you seriously need to live it up while you're young. Nana Susie goes out more than you." I roll my eyes at Margot's comment. "Margot, all my friends are working tonight. Besides I don't mind being home on a Friday night. My retro box came in and I want to eat some snacks and just chill."

"Or you can come with me and my friends?" I shake my head. "No, I'm fine. Really. So are you going to be out late?" Margot nods. "Yeah, Monica and Zain both want to go to this new club. Are you sure you don't wanna come?"

"I'm sure, hey can I get a ride? I want to catch mom before she goes to work." She nods. "Let me guess, dad forgot?"

"Yup, but it's fine. I know he's working hard at the bakery." As my sister and I walk out into the student parking lot, Carver, Margot's boyfriend had came over to us.

"Hello Corky. Hey babe." He gives my sister a kiss on the cheek. "Hey Carver." Margot gives me the keys and I unlock the car door sliding in the passenger seat. I check my phone and see my alert for a Saved By The Bell marathon.

I have been a fan of the show ever since I got sick one winter and watched all of season three and four. The teen antics and plots always give me a laugh. Not to mention, I think the actor who plays Zack Morris is cute. Though his schemes in the show can get ridiculous. Still his pranks are funny.

Margot finally gets in the car and we drive off in silence. "So how's Harley these days?" Margot asks. "She's been fine. She's just been dealing with her parents divorce."

"How about we invite her for dinner this Sunday?" I shrugs. "I'll ask her." When we get to the house mom was just about to leave. "Hey girls, I have left meatloaf in the microwave. Corky, your package is in your room. And please don't throw any crazy parties. I will be back home tomorrow morning and your father will be back around ten tonight. He came home for a little bit Ben burnt the buns." Mom gives us both a hug and then gets in her car. We both get into the house and Margot walks towards the stairs then turns back to me.

"I'm going over to Carver's. He needs help with his dog." I roll my eyes. "Sure he does." She goes to swat me but I dodge her and I run to my room.

When I get to my room I see my retro box on my bed and go looking for my box cutter. I get the box open and I find a lot of cool things inside. I skim the cars that came with the box but then I look further and see I got some cool ray-bans, a cool kiss t-shirt and a case of Surge Soda. I paid forty-five bucks mostly for the soda.

My dad told me how him and mom would buy the sodas like crazy when they were kids. So I mostly got it for them.  I hear a rumble in the distance and decide to get my shower over with. I turn on the channel that the marathon is going to be on and then I take a can of surge and go pop it in the fridge while I go shower.

Once I'm all clean and have my nice hot meatloaf, plus my now ice cold soda. The thunder was getting louder and louder so I grab my blanket from off of the bed and wrap it around me.

"Four minutes till show time." I take a sip of my soda and cringe from its powerful punch. "Wow, this is good." I hear the theme song start and I hum along. "...cause I'm Saved By The-" I jump hearing thunder. I look outside and see that it was pouring outside. "Maybe I should call Margot and let her know that she should be carful going out tonight."  I grab my phone and just as I do a lightening bolt hits my drink and my phone screeches.

My body looks transparent for a moment and it all looks like television fuzz. I see a bright light and then everything goes dark...