Kuchiki Byakuya - Picnic

All the drawings were placed on the table and this time it was Byakuya's turn to guess. He got them all right and when he came to yours he froze.

Your painting

Your painting

He raised it up so everyone can see it. "Who drew this?" He asked. While everyone stifled a laugh. "Oh that is [your name]'s painting" Matsumoto said putting her hand over her mouth. His eyes met yours while you blushed furiously at all the attention he was giving you. He was your captain but he never really spoke to you before. You had a crush on him since you first joined the squad.

"Well done [Your name], I had no idea who drew it" he said putting the painting in a file. "Thank you" captain I said softly. "I guess I have to take you out on a date" he said emotionless. I blushed.

*the date*

*Your P.O.V*

When he invited me for a picnic I had imagined something out of Wind in the Willows, a spread of scotch eggs, fresh bread sandwiches, sausage rolls and quiche. When he brought the limp-looking peanut butter sandwiches out of his pockets and thrust one into my hand I quickly swallowed my surprise and forced a smile. His eyes caught mine fleetingly before looking away. He indicated a place where he had spread his captain coat under a tree and I followed.

I sat down and chuckled a little, He looked surprised and turned to me. "Why are you laughing?" Byakuya asked. "Nothing" I said softly taking a bite out of my sandwich. Mmm this is good! I love peanut butter sandwiches! "Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches is the only thing i can make" He said taking a bite out of his. He made this? I am eating something that Kuchiki Byakuya made? I was bursting with happiness on the inside. "well, it's one of my favorites!" I gave him a warm smile. He looked at me a bit surprised but soon covered it with his usual emotionless look. "Well, i am glad" He said.

"Is this your first time on a picnic?" I asked him. "yes" he said. I nodded. "But i did some research on it before i came, it said... you set the picnic somewhere grassy, bring food and share a conversation" He said proudly that he excelled his research. "Oh" I gave him a smile. " there is something i have been wanting to tell you" He said his face softened a bit. "What is it captain?" I asked softly. My heart was racing, is he going to confess? Omg! does he return my feelings?

"I heard what you did the other day" He said. Leaving me confused and a bit disappointed that he wasn't going to confess. "the other day?" I asked tilting my head. "when, the other squad members were spreading false rumors about me you stepped up to me. Thank you but you didn't have to do that" He said his eyes showed how grateful he was. I got up from where i was sitting and stood in front of him. What he said didn't make me happy. "I didn't do that cause you are my captain!" I exclaimed his black eyes widened. "I did that because the rumors they were spreading was false. You don't have to take care of everything on your own all the time! learn to lean on others too!" I exclaimed turning my face away from him. I heard him gasp and get up. I was about to leave when he held my wrist holding me in my place, tingles spread from where he held. I turned around to face him.

"It made me happy" He said. "What?" I asked confused. "It made happy, that you defended me" He said and looking in to my [Eye color] eyes. I felt my cheeks go warm, i had not expected things to turn out like this. He gave me a small smile and placed the palm of my hand on his chest. I looked at him surprised and shocked, My face must be red as a tomato right now. That was when i felt his heart beat, it seemed like his heart was racing. "Captain! your heart is beating quite faster than normal are you okay?" I asked concerned. "That's right, it's been beating like this every time you are around" He said. "Huh?" I turned away from his as i was pretty sure that steam was going to come out of my head if i stared at him any longer. "I have been looking for an answer to why it is like this, and i guess i have found my answer" He said, i turned to him looking in to his eyes, he smiled. He leaned down, everything happened so fast i was shocked when i felt something soft on my lips. He...He was kissing me? He pulled away from me and let go of my hands a bit disappointed. "I'm sorry, i shouldn't have done that. Please forg...." I cut him off by wrapping my hands around his neck and kissing him.

Our lips moved in perfect sync. We had to pull away for air. "I love you [Your name]" Byakuya said hugging you tighter. i rested my head on his chest i could hear his heart beat, well i could get used to this. "I love you too Captain" I smiled. "Byakuya, call me Byakuya" He said looking at me and i chuckled a little, he smiled. "I love you too Byakuya" He captured his lips in mine again. I smiled in to the kiss.

End Of Chapter -