Chapter 8- Memories

Just remember, everyone, keep your distance and always keep safety as your number one priority if you need/ have to go out and about ( ◠‿◠ )
~~~
Btw thanks to the few souls who commented on the voting chapter. The rest of you :(
~~~

'Haze...mist...cloudy...' was all I could see. Everything felt like a blur. Voices, faces, places, pokemon, all playing like a movie, like it was on Speed X2.
~~
(Your POV)

*BOOM CLAP CRACKLE*
I jolted up from a quick sleep, almost gasping for air. Not only from my dream but the thunder too. I try to take in my surroundings, I felt disoriented for a few seconds. But quickly noticed how horrible everything looked around me. How I was in the middle of a storm. I looked over at my 'pillow', and see a man sleeping. 'Kiawe' I muttered to myself, having it all come back to me, If it wasn't for Kiawe, I would have been dead. He risked his life for me.
I glanced over at him. I Caress his face with my left hand. But he was cold to the touch. I shook his shoulder to try and wake him gently.
"Mmm," he grunted, Barely. I know we need to get out of here but that was adorable! "Kiawe, wake up!" I said with a little raise in my voice and shook him harder.

"Huh?..." he said slowly opening his eyes.

*BOOM*
Thunder clapped above us, and that sent him into panic mode. His eyes expanded as he looked at me with worry. "What's wrong"? He asked full Of concern. "Kiawe we have to get someplace safer, we are soaked and going to catch our deaths out here," I said with a panicked tone pulling him by the hand. He made no resistance as we tried to find a building or a cave to take shelter in. We weren't sure how far we drifted in the sea or if we were even still close to melemele island. The whole sky had taken on the color of Dark grey, and we weren't even sure what time it was anymore, all we knew is we were wet, cold, and probably going to at the very least get sick.
"Wait for a second, this looks familiar...this is route 2, We're still on Melemele island! " Kiawe said happily and smiled at me, his smile brightened the mood for a second before the rain decided to go from a steady to a straight-up downpour.
"Come on there is a hotel up here we can stay at," he said as he pulled me along in the direction of the hotel.
'Staying in a hotel with Kiawe...'
~
We made it to the hotel, but the person who would be to ask for a room was nowhere. "They probably boarded up when the storm got so bad," he said as he looked around.
"Achoo!" I sneezed. Being in the sea and sleeping while soaked in a storm probably wasn't the best idea. "Man, what are we gonna do"? I said and tried to get closer to him to form some type of heat.
*knock knock knock*
Kiawe knocked as hard as he could on the door/window (idk what it is) hoping someone would answer...
*knock knock knock*
He tried again... * silence*
He looked down at me with sad eyes. "I don't think we are going-"
"Who's there?" A delicate voice spoke from beyond the cracked door.
"Please ma'am, we would like to stay in a room until the storm passes, we got caught in it." I bow my head to her and Kiawe follows suit.
"Oh alright, only because you two pull at my heartstrings."
We both breathe a sigh of relief
*BOOM CRACKLE*
But we quickly sucked in that breath at the close strike of lighting.
We quickly take the key off the lady and head to the safety of the room.
Finally, in the safety of not being outside, I take a glance at our temporary room, a Small kitchen with a mini fridge and microwave, a door to I'm assuming a bathroom, and finally the bed. One bed...'
"Hey, you should probably change your clothes and take a shower, get all that sea water washed out hehe" Kiawe came to my side and put a towel around my head.
"Thanks, Kiawe" I smiled as I stood up making my way to the shower.
"Don't mention it thumper, I'll get you fresh clothes or ya know what ever this place has".
I didn't bother replying, I had my mind set on a shower, and then I will tell him I got my memory back.
~
The feeling of the warm water in my hair flowing on my skin was such an amazing feeling, I didn't realize how cold I was. How good it felt to wash out seawater.
~
I came out of the room with a towel on, and Kiawe facing the other way.
"I'll look away while you get dressed," He said. "What a gentleman you are" I giggles and started to dress.
"It was so nice to shower in the hot water but I don't want to hog it all..." my voice got quiet as I finished putting on the clothing. "umm Kiawe?" I started as he turned around. "Ahh," he started as his face became bright red. He got down on his knees and started to bow apologetically. It was kinda funny. "Hey It's ok it's just..." I tried to think of what to say as to why a hotel would have such exposing robes. The one I was currently wearing only came down to about mid-thigh and wasn't any better up top. "I-it's better than wearing wet clothes" I stuttered. Just pushing him into the shower. I picked up the other robe and noticed that it was a lot bigger. It was obviously for a man and being the selfish person I am, I took off the small women-sized one and put on the man-sized one. "There we go," I said in satisfaction as now I was more covered. Now it came just below my knee. 'I'm sure he'll be fine with the smaller one' I thought and put the small one outside of the bathroom door. I came back to the bed and snuggled up in the covers trying to start the heat. Not sure if it was my body heat or my temperature from the fever, but I felt warm and cold. But I was so exhausted from today that just laying down sent me straight into dreamland.
~

(Kiawes pov)

I get pushed into the bathroom by thumper. I'm sure she was just embarrassed is all Hahaha.
I turned on the water for the shower I kept it not super hot but enough to warm me up. I wanted to clean myself up and then soak in the tub.
I stepped into the shower and let out a low moan from the overwhelming feeling of the warm water hitting my body. I can see why she wanted to stay here longer. I bet the tub will feel better. But I needed to finish cleaning myself, wetting my hair, cleaning it with shampoo, and washing off my sore body. Swimming takes a lot out of ya. "Much better," I say as I step out of the shower, but turning back to it the fill the tub up with warm/ cold water so I can relax in it. While the tub is filling up I walk over to the mirror and look at my appearance.
My hair was wet, and down, and my face looked clean, but I looked like I was exhausted, I looked like I haven't slept for days. The stress from the rescue mission for thumper.
I chuckled. 'That woman'.
I decided that it was time to soak my tired body and let my mind relax. I step into the tub and sink in the water.
~
I came out of the bathroom, and I noticed the outside of the bathroom door there was a robe waiting for me. But I think it was a little small..."wait a minute" I whisper to myself as I noticed that it was the one thumper was wearing, she must have switched them.
I don't blame her, it was small on her.
Guess I'll just jerry-rig it around my waist.
~

(Your POV)

I dozed off a little bit but was woken up by someone shaking me.
"Hey, do... do you think we can share the bed?" I heard Kiawe ask, I looked up at him to see his face. He was red oh of course. I was tired and didn't say anything but nodded and scooted over, but when he got in the bed I snuggled into him and I felt him tense up. "Im cold" is all I said and felt him relax a little bit. "Thank you thumper," he said quietly as he hesitantly wrapped his arm around me. Now was the time to tell him.

(Third POV)
"(y/n)" you said. Kiawe opened his left eye and glanced down at her. "Hmm"? He replied.
"My name, it's (Y/N)" She said again looking up at him this time. His eyes went wide slightly "you got your memories back"? He asked a little excited.
(Y/N)nodded her head, "I did, back when I was drowning in the sea, I hit my head and also saw my life flash before my eyes, so yea I'm not exactly sure what triggered it but I got them back..." She said lowering her gaze, feeling saddened by not sure why. "What's the matter"? Kiawe asks.
"I don't know, just feeling sad...I think something might have happened to me before I came to this place..." she drifted off.

He just nods and we both lay back down looking at the ceiling. "Is there anything you want to say?" Kiawe said trying to change the subject from the sad mood.
"Well like I said my name is (Y/N) but my last name is (L/N), I was born in Unova but when I was 5 we moved to Kalos". "I vaguely remember something about me and Hoenn, but I can't put my finger on it...". (Y/N) felt Kiawe grab my hand in his and give it a light squeeze, he pulled me into a hug.
  (y/n) finally had the realization of everything and she let out a shaky breath. "I just don't know anymore". The reality of it all hit her like a bus. All her emotions were surfacing. She felt a tear slide across her cheek. "I didn't even know why I'm crying Kiawe. Something happened to me and my brain is trying to keep me from remembering but how I felt back then is still here!"
Kiawe just rubbed her back trying to calm her now. "Shush, It's all ok". he told me in a soothing voice as he rubbed my back. It definitely calmed me down I was still crying but I was breathing normally now.
He kissed the top of my head. "I know you probably don't want to talk about it anymore but how does that explain how you washed up to Alola"? He asked as he kept rubbing my back.
But he never got a response, but instead discovered (Y/N) sound asleep in his arms.
~~~

I'm sorry I take forever to update. FUNNY STORY!
I had this whole chapter already written when I posted that thing about which direction I wanted this story to go, and now that I figured it out, I had to go through this whole chapter and rewrite a lot of it, so if it a little shorter then normal but that's ok. It was just a mess, so please forgive me.

Still slow updates so blah.