5. Waking up

Riley woke with a start. Light. She felt the light on her closed eyelids. Panic rose in her belly at the thought of her sleeping in. It was always dark when she left for work. Riley opened her eyes and sat upright with panic at he sight in front of her. "What the...?" This wasn't her room. She racked her brain trying to figure out how she had gotten into this strange room. She got into her own bed last night. She did nothing unusual yesterday. Got up. Had Breakfast, then lunch with her family. Then home and Bed. The room was about the size the of the smaller bedroom in her apartment. The walls, the ceiling and even the floor was white. she was sitting on a makeshift bed. A few blankets of different colours underneath her and one blue one, that now lay crumpled on her lap. Although stained, it was thinker and warmer than the ones she was laying on. Shaking from fear she lifted the blanket and to her relief she still had her pajamas on, and she felt no pain anywhere on her body, letting her know nothing had happened when she was out cold. As she sat there, she felt something like a ripple flow through the room. Water. She was on a boat of some kind. She noticed a wooden door just to the side of the corner on the opposite side. There was a gap between the door and the frame next to the handle. She could see it from where she sat. The door was locked. There was no way out. She wasn't a fighter. She always did what made life easiest. Trying to break out would only make worse of whatever situation she was in. Riley folded her knees up to her chest and wrapping her arms around, hugged them close to her. She shuffled back into the corner and rested her head back against the wall, staring up at the ceiling.  

After what felt like hours the door finally opened. "Finally, if you didn't wake up soon there is no doubt he would have had my balls" She watched the man carefully as he entered the room. He had short dark brown, that had that just got of bed mess on top. His bright blue eyes pierced through the hair and thick manly beard he was sporting. He wore a black three piece suit that fitted him as if it was made for him. It was paired with a baby blue shirt and a matching blue paisley tie. He stood straight as if he had the confidence of someone who had all the power in the world. He looked at Riley as if waiting for her to say something. She looked down sudden finding the blanket that was spread over her knees very interesting and began to pick at the bobbles of the wool. "I will get you something to eat since you must hungry, you have been asleep for a long time. I would put you with the others for some company, but he said no." She still did not say anything and after waiting for a few minutes for the questions she was never going to ask, he left the room and she heard the familiar click of a lock.

After a few minutes, he returned with a glass of water and a plate with a simple chicken sandwich. The man sat down in front of her and held the glass forward to her. "Drink, you must be thirsty" Taking the glass she took a few small sips. "Thank you" The man looked at her in surprise. He placed his index finger beneath her chin and slowly raised it to look into her hazel eyes. " You have been taken, and held captive and yet you thank me for a bit of water" She shrugged her shoulders not knowing how to answer to that. Looking in his Blue eyes she suddenly recognised why they were so familiar. It was barely more than a whisper. "Matteo?" Nodding he handed her the sandwich. "Eat, please" She took the sandwich. After taking a small bite she began to speak again. "Did you hurt her? Did you take her too?"Again barely more than a whisper. She did not want to anger her captor by accusing him or getting him angry. "Zoey? No i did not hurt her. I had a good night with her... She enjoyed it too before you ask. But no she is not the type we came here looking for" With no other option but to take his word for it, Riley nodded and took another bite of her sandwich. Once she had finish he took the plate and the glass again. Rising to stand tall again, he began to walk back to the door again. Reaching the door he turned back to her one last time. "You are different, he got that right. You have have thanked me for food, looked out for your friend but you have not asked about yourself or tried to attack me."  Shaking his head at his own confusion he opened the door and left once again and once again locking the door before she heard his footsteps leading away again.

Although she had not voiced them, her mind spun from all the questions. What was going on? Why were they on a boat? Who was this he that Matteo was referring to? Who and where are these others? If Matteo was here, no doubt Michael was here too. But did that mean Roberto was here? Does he even know anything about this? Or the worst thought of them all... was he behind this? What is going on at home? Had they noticed her gone? How long had she even been gone? Did her parents even care? She knew they would take care of things but would they be relieved that she wasn't there in the way any more?  Exhaustion began take over after a while. She lay back down and soon enough with the gentle rocking of the boat by the ocean her eyelids began to droop. 

She woke to find a familiar figure leaning against the opposite wall. "Morning" She sat up and looked at Matteo in confusion. "He's asking for you. He wanted to let you sleep but he wouldn't let any of my guys into the room with you.So i have been waiting for you to wake up. The things i do for that man, you would swear i was the help" He looked into her eyes hoping to find a reaction but was met with emotionless eyes. He held out a hand to help her up but she choose to rest her hands against the wall and lean on that as she rose to her feet. He lowered his hand with an exhale as he turned to lead her out of the room.  After a few steps she found her balance on the ever moving floor due to the movement of the sea.  Matteo stayed just on the outside of the room and waited for her to catch up to him before heading down the corridor. After more hallways and two flights of stairs they had reached their destination. Opening the door Matteo then turned and placed his hand on her lower back to guide her into the room. It was like something out of a Fairytale book. The walls were lined with bookshelves. To the left was an antique sloped drawing desk with a green glass lamp over head and littered with maps. To the right was a fireplace with a roaring fire emitting heat throughout the room. Compared to the room she was in, this was worlds apart. 

There in the center, sitting at a large and imposing dark wooden desk was Roberto. With his hand still on her lower back Matteo guided her further into the room until she was standing in between the two chairs that were placed in front of the desk. Roberto raised his head and took a few quiet moments to look her up and down and take in the sight in front of him. The door suddenly burst open. A older man walked into the room with Roberto releasing a growl like sound at the interruption. He was much thinner than Roberto and Matteo but still looked like he was strong. His greying hair was slick with grease. He had a stack of papers in his hand. He was looking at papers in his hand and had not noticed the people in the room. "Sir i have the reports on the new products, well whatever information they would give me" He looked up and finding matteo he handed the documents over. His eyes landed on Riley and then turning back to Roberto "Sampling some of the product i see" He grabbed her chin with one hand and grabbed her ass with the other pulling her flush with his own body. As Riley began to shiver in disgust, her heart raced. The man began to grind his crotch on her as his grip got more painful. The sound of a glass shattering brought her attention back to Roberto. He walked around the desk and grabbed the man by the neck pulling him away from Riley. "Matteo take her to my cabin and don't let any more of your scum near her"