Part 7

Yoongi's POV
I've been Y/N's bodyguard for 3 weeks now. Since the incident after her interview, the stalker has not made another move, however, it didn't help Y/N stop thinking about him. She always kept her wits about her and stayed close to me when we ventured out to get her work done. Some of that time was spent on buying things for her parent's anniversary, that was now tomorrow.
She looked beautiful in the dress she tried on in the store and she was thoughtful enough to buy me a suit of my choice for the occasion, I obviously turned her offer down but she said she would pick something ridiculous for me if I didn't choose myself. I ended up picking a black suit with a small pocket and a bow tie, since it was part of the dress code on the invitation. Now that I think over my time with her, we have gotten much closer than we used to be. I have a good feeling that I've never felt before when I talk to her. I found myself having a good time whenever I was with her, and I was sure she felt the same way but I need to remember to keep some distance. I can't forget why I'm here with her in the first place. This stalker is still out there somewhere, planning his next move and I should be getting ready for it. I'll never forgive myself if I fail once again to protect her, never.

"Yoongi?" I snapped out of my thoughts at the sound of Y/N's soft voice from the car seat next to me. We were currently on our way to her parent's house as they lived quite far and so they called her and requested her to stay at their house for the night. Being her personal bodyguard, I needed to go with her. I was, for some reason, kind of nervous to meet her parents. Her manager and other assistants weren't here as they had work to do and they thought she would be fine with me to look after her, which made me feel a lot of pressure on doing my job extra carefully.
"Y-yeah? What's wrong?" I asked her, trying to sound as bored or relaxed as possible, but I don't think it worked.
"Why are you asking me what's wrong when I should be asking you that? What are you thinking?" She asked seriously. She's too smart and caring sometimes. I like that about her.
"Nothing. Just looking forward to meeting your parents" I say sarcastically without thinking. I immediately see her face shift to create a teasing smirk.
"Oh, ok. Are you... nervous to meet my parents?" She questions, leaning towards me slightly. For some reason I liked when she left her shy and quiet self and had this playful, confident side of her show. It was certainly... interesting to witness, for sure.
"I'm not nervous about anything." I remark confidently, earning a cute giggle from her.
"Sure. I'll trust you on that. Just promise me you'll let loose tomorrow and have some fun, please?" She requested.
I sighed. "Alright, I'll... try, ok?"
"Yay, thank you!" She said excitedly and hugged me. My face heated slightly and hers did the same as she pulled away just as fast. I just smirked at her sudden embarrassment. I will try to keep that promise but her safety means more to me than that and no matter what happens, I won't let myself get distracted.