Part 9

Your POV
"Yoongi!" Was all I yelled before a loud bang filled my ears. My eyes tightly closed as Yoongi quickly held me close and we dropped to the ground all within a second. That must have been an attempt to avoid the bullet. My eyes hesitantly opened to see the stalker stare at us coldly, before sprinting back into the ballroom, trying to escape as people came outside to find the source of the noise. Yoongi's arm wrapped tightly around my waist, while the other one was tangled in my hair, holding my head in place so it was pressed in his neck. We were both on our knees, neither of us moved for a few seconds.

"Y-Yoongi?" I whispered to him, trying to get my face to move from his neck to look at him. I don't think I'm hurt, but is he okay? My teary eyes met his. He cupped my face.
"D-did he hurt y-you?" He asked breathlessly. I shook my head and looked at his body. Why is he stuttering like that? He sounds exhausted all of a sudden. 

My mind raced as I scanned over him, until my eyes froze as they caught a glimpse of something red. I gingerly began to move his tuxedo to the side to see the shirt underneath. Yoongi quickly grabbed my wrist, preventing me from moving it further.
"Uh- Y-Y/N-" he started but I cut him off as I immediately continued my previous action, to find a big patch of blood that stained his white shirt. I let out a sharp gasp at the sight of it. It wasn't a small, but a BIG amount of blood that was escaping his body and was the obvious reason for his exhaustion right now. Oh God, he's been shot! And it's all my fault. It should've been me who was shot, he didn't deserve this.

I let out a waterfall of tears as Yoongi's body got heavier, he leaned more against me for support. I clung to him.
"H-help, please! He-he's been shot please help him!" I managed to yell out. Within seconds, my parents raced out and comforted me and Yoongi.
"Don't worry dear. The ambulance is on it's way, don't worry." My mum tried to calm me but it didn't work.

I kept hold of Yoongi, reassuring him 1000 times he would be okay. I shifted his position carefully to rest his head on my lap. After a while, I felt his hand weakly stroke my hair from my face.

"I'll be okay, Y/N. I've survived a lot of injuries, this is nothing." He attempted to convince me, but it was hard to believe him with his position right now.
"I hope so. I am so sorry." I repeatedly apologised to him until I heard the paramedics arrive. I was about to leave him when he whispered to me,
"I love you" but I couldn't respond as he was taken to the ambulance and sent to hospital.

Time skip
It is now the next day and Yoongi has been given permission to leave the hospital, which is much faster than I expected from how badly he was hurt by the shot. I wanted to see him as soon as he was taken to the hospital yesterday but everyone advised me to just go home and rest, the resting part was certainly difficult. How could I sleep, knowing Yoongi had been hurt because of me? I worried seeing him in case he was angry with me, but I needed to make sure he was actually okay.

I reached the hospital with my manager and made my way to his room. As I entered, I saw him sat up in his bed, his manager and co-workers around him. His manager shot me an almost disgusted look.

"Oh, glad you could show up after almost killing my Yoongi and tarnishing my job." She spat at me. My guilt reached a new level as I repeated her words and looked at Yoongi.
"H/M/N, that's enough. It wasn't Y/N's fault and I advise you not to blame her any further." Yoongi's voice was now filed with anger. He looked over at me and smiled.
"May I be alone with Y/N?" He asked and I immediately got nervous at why he requested that. As soon as everyone left, he moved over and patted the space on the bed next to him, suggesting that I sit there. Reluctantly, I did.

"Are you okay?" He asked as I sat and looked at him.
"You're seriously asking me if I'm okay when you're the one who was shot because of me?" I questioned. My eyes laid on his bandaged wound.
"Yeah because it would've been a shock to you and it was not your fault." He stated confidently, wrapping one arm around my waist, while the other stroked my jaw. His eyes soothed me but his conditioned made me feel more guilt than ever.

I carefully hugged him and sobbed into his neck.
"I- I'm sorry. It should have been me who was shot, not you. He even got away again! I put your life in danger. I- I-" I rambled on until Yoongi silenced me by wrapping his strong arms around my waist. His hands wiped my tears away and stroked my arms to calm me down more. When we pulled away, our noses and foreheads touched as we looked at each other tentatively.

Yoongi's POV
My hands continued to stroke up and down her arms as she gradually relaxed. I'm so glad she wasn't hurt. But how could she blame herself for this when it's my job to keep her safe, even if it meant taking a bullet for her?
"Y/N, please don't say that. I needed to protect you and that's exactly what I did. And as for the stalker, he didn't get away." I smirked as her face was filled with confusion.
"When you shouted, I just knew he was there and so once he shot at us, I pressed a small button on my phone that alerted the police immediately to come and arrest him, which is exactly what happened. You're welcome." I informed her smugly. Her mouth was open slightly in shock and amazement. I just smiled.

"W-wow. I had no idea you could do that." She said quietly, I chuckled at her cuteness.
"Well I can and I didn't think twice when using it in that moment. He interrupted our kiss, there was no way in hell he was going to get away with that." I noticed her face grow red as I ended that statement. I smirked once again.
"Speaking of the kiss... want to finish what we started before we were rudely interrupted?" I whispered to her. Her face showed worry and concern, probably for incase she hurt my wound in the process but I closed the gap between our faces before she could deny my offer. Kissing her felt amazing and I wasn't about to give up on it. To my disappointment, she broke from it too early.

"By the way... what you said yesterday, umm..." She spoke quietly and slowly, "I love you too, my brave bodyguard." She finished and connected our lips once again. I felt a faint sense of heat cover my face this time. Our arms wrapped tightly around each other as our lips deeply sealed together perfectly.  I'm so lucky to have got the opportunity to protect her and spend time with her. I never thought I would even get along with her, never mind love her. I'm so glad she even felt the same way. Now I can protect her for the rest of my life and no one can say otherwise.

The End

Omg. My first ever ff series is finished! Thank you guys so much for taking the time to read this. I am so grateful. I will obviously be writing more later. I can't thank you guys enough for reading this. Xxx