Co-Worker

Kind of a little bit of a trigger warning, "your" boyfriend is kind of an alcoholic I guess, and Spencer helps you. Very cuteeeee.
__________________
"Thanks for driving me Spence." You smiled and waved.

"No problem, Y/N" he smiled back "Good night". He waited for you to walk into the apartment building to pull away.

You had just gotten home from your new job as a profiler, but even before then you had to work long nights. You worked in the F.B.I. before, just not as a Behavioral Analyst.

Your boyfriend didn't like this very much. He said you were working too much. That you could spend time with a killer but you couldn't spend time with him. You always tried to assure him, that this work would be good. Good for everyone but he didn't listen.

"Who was that?" He asked when you walked in the door.

"That was a coworker." You eyed him, wondering why he was being so timid tonight "why do you ask?"

"I don't like other men driving my girl home" he came closer to you, and you could smell the alcohol on his breath.

That's why he was being so timid.

"Are you seriously drunk right now?" You scolded.

"Well what else am I supposed to do while my girlfriend is at work ALL DAY?" He nearly yelled the last part.

"Are we seriously back on this again? I'm sorry that I'm at work all day, okay? But my job is to protect people, and I can't really do that if I'm sitting at home all day." You stated, already heading to the bathroom to take a shower. He wasn't a good drunk and you didn't feel like arguing with him especially not now.

"I'm taking a shower" you told him over your shoulder as you closed the bathroom door.

You had just gotten your shirt off when he flung the door open. "WE WERE IN THE MIDDLE OF A CONVERSATION."

"O-okay" you paused putting your hands out in front of you in a 'calm down' gesture. "Stop yelling, please."

"Aww is the perfect F.B.I. Agent scared of a little yelling?" He asked mockingly.

You began to walk out of the bathroom when he grabbed your arm stopping you.

"Let go of me." You didn't let your voice shake no matter how terrified you were.

"No." He said gripping you tighter, "we are going to talk about this RIGHT. NOW."

You elbowed him and tried to get him off of you but he wouldn't budge so you glared at him, only making him angrier. He pushed you up against the wall and now you yelled at him, "WE CAN TALK WHEN YOU'RE NOT DRUNK ANYMORE NOW LET GO OF ME."

He was fuming now holding your arm even tighter, he opened his mouth to speak when he was interrupted by a knock on the door.

"Y/N? It's Spence, you left something in my car." Spencer spoke through the door.

"Okay just-" you were going to tell him to leave it at the door when your boyfriends shoved you harder into the wall making you wince in pain.

"Y/N? Are you okay?" Another knock, "Okay I'm coming in."

He opened the door, and turned the corner to see you in your bra and work pants with your boyfriend holding you up against the wall. Well great.

"Oh my gosh I'm so sorry." He spoke, clearly misreading the situation.

Your boyfriend glared at Spencer, while Spencer looked at you. You mouthed the word 'help' to him and hoped he'd understand.

"Hey, um actually Y/N you left a few things in my car maybe you wanna go get them?" He asked casually.

You nodded "yeah, thanks Spence" You tried to get out of my boyfriend's grip, but he wouldn't budge.

Spencer now understood the severity of the situation, "Alright Hey, why don't you just let her get what she needs out of my car."

"Why don't you shut your mouth?"

Clearly he was distracted so you took the time to knee him in the crotch and run towards Spencer. You rammed into him and clutched at him holding on for dear life. He caught you and held you in his arms protectively.

"Hey man let go of my girl." Y/BF/N murmured still bent over from where you kneed him.

"I'm not your girl anymore." you said through your teeth.

He stood up and Spencer instinctively pulled you behind him, "stay behind me" you grabbed his left hand and squeezed. "It's okay" he murmured over his shoulder to you.

"Fine, leave. You're not better than any of the other girls I dated anyway. Nothing but a friggin prostitute."

Spencer spoke through his teeth, "you will not disrespect her."

"It's okay Spence, can we just go." You rigged on his hand trying to hold my tears in, "please? Can we go?" You nearly sobbed.

"Yeah we can go." He spoke gently while ushering you out the door, and hurriedly taking his sweater off pulling it over your shoulders and buttoning it up quickly.

Afterwards he held your face in his hands gently, "Are you okay?" You shook your head no. Still holding your tears in.

"I'm sorry." He spoke while he pulled you into a hug.

You shook your head again, "it's not your fault."

You walked to his car together with his arm around your waist. He took you to his apartment, and the second you got in the door you finally let yourself fall apart. Sobbing you fell to the ground.

"Hey, it's okay." Spencer dropped to the floor next to you. He went to grab your shoulder and you instinctively pulled back. He slowly leaned forward and placed his hand on your shoulder "it's okay." He said once again.

He picked you up off of the floor and sat down on the couch with you in his lap. "Sh. Sh. Sh. It's okay it's all okay. I'm right here. You're safe."

"I'm so sorry" you sobbed.

"Hey, you have nothing to be sorry for okay? This isn't your fault." He rubbed his hands up and down your back gently.

"It is my fault. If I didn't work so much-" he pulled back from the hug.

"Don't even think for one second that any of this is on you. He's an idiot who doesn't deserve you. You didn't deserve any of what he did to you. Okay? You're perfect."

"Y-you think I'm perfect?"

His cheeks went red, "of course I do."

He laid his hands on your cheeks and wiped your tears away, "and it kills me to see you so sad."

Before you knew what you were doing you had your lips on his. He kissed you back softly. His lips were warm and tasted like coffee.

You pulled away sooner than you would have liked and laid your head in the crook of his neck, inhaling his scent.

"Sorry" you whispered.

"Don't apologize for that." He whispered kissing your hair, "especially not for that."

"Thank you Spencer."

"For what?" You blushed.

"For everything."

"You're welcome." He whispered.

You cuddled into him and hugged him closer feeling safe again.

"Jesus, you're adorable" he whispered pulling you closer.

"Stay with me while I sleep? I'm scared" You mumbled already feeling tired.

"Of course. Whatever you want." He laid down so now you were in front of him with your back to his chest.

"Go to sleep, you're safe." He spoke sweetly.

"Good night Spence."

"Good night Y/N."

He hugged you close and you slept more soundly than you have in months. The nightmares that you usually had were swept away from the warmth emanating from Spencer.