Let Me Help You- Part 2

You slowly begin to wake up. You smell coffee, and there's a pillow under your head. Who made coffee. You don't even think your boyfriend knew how to make coffee. He never has before. You make it. You know the exact way he likes it.

4 cups of water

3 scoops of coffee grounds

2 teaspoons of sugar

1 boyfriend that is for a moment pushed back as far from the edge of his anger that he can be.

You sit up quickly, grabbing at the sheets.

Spencer.

You must be at his place.

If you were here, then that means it's morning. You spent the night at another man's house. Your boyfriend would be angry. So so angry at you. You didn't want to imagine what he would do to you.

The tears sprung to your eyes as you felt all of the air leave your lungs. You brought the blanket to your chest, and squeezed it hard as you did the same with your eyes. You looked to your right, flinching as you saw the cream colored door open. The blanket at your chest was brought up to cover your face.

"I-I'm sorry." Spencer's voice cracked, "I didn't mean to scare you. I just. I made you some coffee."

Slowly, you took the blanket down to rest on your lap as you as you peek up and see Spencer. In a new set of dress pants, and another sweater vest. His wavy brown hair now wet. You studied him.

"I— sorry. Yeah. Yes. Thank you." You shoved any words out of your mouth to simply fill the deafening silence.

He walked slowly towards you, "here". His words were soft as he handed you the cup, like he understood that you couldn't handle anything else at the moment.

"Thank you" you spoke before taking a sip. It was black coffee. And it was steaming hot. And it tasted just like the brand you bought at the store. Your eyebrows furrowed, as you contemplated how he could have known.

"I—uh. Last night you told me you liked your coffee black. And I've seen you buy the same brand of coffee every week from the store. I hope it's you that likes the brand, and not your boy—"

"My boyfriend." Your eyes widen as you carefully set the cup down on the bedside table that's housing a lamp, a picture frame of Spencer and an older woman with short blonde hair, and a book on Quantum Physics. You throw the blanket off of you and jump out of the bed. Your bare feet hit the carpeted floor of Spencer's room.

"I'm so sorry." Frantically you search for your shoes. Did you even have shoes when you walked out of the house last night. Your slides. You had your slides on.

"Hey, it's okay." Spencer tries to speak up over your worries, but you're too worried about your—

"Shoes shoes shoes shoes shoes." You mutter to yourself, your eyes darting around the room looking for anything even remotely close to them.

"Hey" Spencer speaks softly as you charge to the bedroom door, running into Spencer on the way out. "Hey, y/n. Calm down. Please? Your shoes are by the front door. Okay?"

You look down at your hands. "I'm sorry."

"You don't have to apologize, y/n." He gently tips your chin up to look at him, his eyes closing and lips pursing as he lets out a sigh in reaction to you flinching. "It's okay."

The brown of his eyes is so captivating, but you needed to be home. Right now. "I gotta go." Your voice is desperate. "I gotta go home right now." Your voice turning into a desperate whine.

"Okay, I'll get you home. You're just outside the  door, remember?" He nods encouragingly.

"He's gonna be so mad." Your breathing gets heavier again, as your head gets fuzzy. "He's gonna be so mad at me, Spencer." Your hand goes up to grab the arm of his hand that's still on your chin.

"Okay, hey. We're going to figure it out. Everything is going to be fine. I've never seen him leave the house earlier than 10:00. Okay? Yeah? Tell me what time it is, y/n."

You take his hand off of your chin to look at his watch, focusing hard to read the time; "it's 8:32"

"Yeah? Okay. It's only 8:32. He's probably not even up."

"It's 8:33 now." You start crying harder as you watch the time fly by.

"Hey, hey." He grabs your face softly, noticing how you don't flinch this time. "Hey." His voice is oh so gentle, as his thumb wipes your fallen tears away.

"I—I."

"Sh. Hey." His other hands comes up, so now his hands are framing your face "it's okay. Everything is okay. We're going to get your shoes at the front door. Okay? And then we're going to go outside of my apartment, and you're going to wait for your boyfriend to wake up. He usually comes out to get you, yeah?"

"Yes. He always lets me in in the morning."

"See. Everything will be okay."

"Thank you." You breathe out as you lean your face into his hands.

"Everything is okay." He spoke again.

You breathed out slowly while closing your eyes and nodding your head

"Yes. Everything is okay." You finally agreed.

"Okay?" He asked leaning down to look into your eyes.

"Okay."

"Alright let's go get your shoes."

You and Spencer walked to the front door together and you slid your shoes on. Before taking another deep breath.

"Thank you, Spencer."

"No need. Really." He said while shaking his hands in front of him, "I wanted to help."

You gave him an quick hug before opening the door, dreading having to go back in there.

"Okay." You breathed, "I guess I'll go now."

You were saddened by having to leave, but you knew you had to. Taking one last glance back at Spencer, you walked out of his apartment.