Chapter 4

The Next Day

"Who's ready for CARDIO DAY???" Lando pounded at my door.

"Sorry, you must have the wrong number," I groaned back.

"C'mooooooon! We get to do karting in between workouts! You can lose again!" He said.

"You see, the word 'Workouts' is what's really killin' the vibe on that."

Lando walked through the door and jumped on the bed. "It's gonna be so fuuuun," he said sarcastically.

"Bleh," I said as I got up to get changed.

"People really liked the videos last night," He informed me.

"My scalp didn't like those videos. You guys pulled half my hair out."

Lando stayed on the bed as I went into the bathroom to change. Deciding on some black running shorts and a white dri-fit shirt, I opened the door back to him so I could heckle him more as I did my hair.

"Already almost halfway through this training," I said.

"Yea," Lando said glumly. "I won't get to see you as much this season. You're gonna be hidden away with your own team."

"Are we allowed to hang out together race weekends? I know that like before races and stuff the drivers mingle, but like every team has their own hospitality places where the drivers have their own rooms," I wondered.

"There'll be lots of meetings with engineers and mechanics, I'd imagine, so I don't think we would even have time if we are allowed to fraternize with the enemy."

I finished braiding my hair into two Dutch braids and pulled on my tennis shoes. "We could always hang out in between races when it's not back to back race weekends. We could train together."

"True," Lando said as we departed the room together.

We went through the normal morning routine with the boys; ate breakfast, goofed off, got escorted to where training would commence. Today is basically endurance training, so we'll do half an hour jogs, then kart for half an hour, then jog, etc.

When the jog started, Lando and I immediately fell in pace with each other, but the chatting was minimal since it's hard to run and talk a lot.

The karting is where the fun began. These karts were way more bumpy than the karts with Johnny Herbert, though. I could feel myself being thrown back and forth, making my arms swell.

A rather mundane training day eventually came to an end, and after putting in our time on the simulators, Lando and I went and hung out in my room again.

"Wanna watch a race from last year? To see a bit about the drivers we'll be racing against? I know we've both already seen them all but it could be good to try and analyze a bit?" I offered.

"Yea, sure. Start with Australia?" He said.

I booted up my laptop and started up the race. Lando and I spent the whole time talking to each other and pointing out different things various drivers do, like how Max is prone to aggressive dives and things like that. I started getting really tired and I laid my head down on Lando's torso. He adjusted a little so that I would be more comfortable.

"Psst," I whispered to him.

"Hmm?" He asked.

"You're a nerd."

"Wow, okay," He said, pretending to be offended. I laughed and we eventually both fell asleep.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-