Chapter 15

Later that day

After a long day of consulting with the team about my opinion on setups, press appearances, and a lot of different formalities, I was finally back in my room. I suspected Lando would be coming down anytime now, so I started cooking popcorn. When there was a knock on my door, I walked over and opened it, surprised to see Charles at my door.

"Oh hey Charles. What's up?" I asked.

"I was just coming down to say hello. Got bored in my room," He shrugged.

I didn't really know what to say. I couldn't say 'No, don't come in, Lando is coming down,' because that would seem suspicious. But I also didn't want Lando to walk in and see Charles in my room. I sat there thinking for a moment.

"I know you're probably going to bed soon, so I just wanted to drop this off. A little congratulations for your great finish last race," Charles shrugged. "I dunno. Anyway, good night, see you at the track."

And with that, he walked off.

I looked down at the little box he handed me. I slowly opened it, finding a backpack pin inside. It was shaped like an old school Formula 1 car. I smiled; that's adorable. I pinned it to my racing bag and threw the box away, and shortly after, Lando was at my door.

"About time!" I laughed.

"Hello, my love," He smiled. He looked over and saw my racing bag on the table. "What's that?"

"Oh, Charles came down and gave me that pin," I said.

"Why?" He asked.

"He said it was a congratulations present, I dunno," I said, shrugging.

Lando seemed a little put off by the pin, but still said, "Well... that was nice of him." He looked back at me, seeing that I was still wearing the necklace he gave me, and I saw him smile the tiniest bit.

I really only take off the necklace when I go to sleep, shower, and race. I've already worn it in interviews and different press appearances, and I've seen people comment about it on social media.

"Ready to binge?" I asked. "Mr. Jealous?"

"I am NOT jealous!" He scoffed.

"Do you even realize the face you made while trying to say how nice it was for him to give it to me?" I giggled. "It's adorable."

"If anything, I'm just jealous I didn't think of it first," He defended himself.

"Yea, okay bud," I laughed.

We snuggled up together on the bed, and it felt like he was holding me just the slightest bit tighter tonight. Was he really concerned about Charles talking to me? I mean, I guess he did always get a weird look on his face whenever I would talk to George, but still.

"You know you have nothing to worry about, right? I love you, Lando. Only you. You don't have to worry about any of the other guys, because even if any of them DID like me, they would be outta luck. Even then, that's a big if," I looked up to Lando.

Lando just pulled me tighter and kissed the top of my head, and we went back to binging our shows.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

The Next Day

I arrived at the track, being escorted to where the press conference was going to be held. When I got there, I found out Lando was going to be on the panel with me.

I waved at him from across the room as Penelope pulled me aside.

"Remember, we need you marketed as strong and independent. Since you've been streaming with Lando, we have an idea someone will bring up the subject of you two. You can talk about being friends, but don't hype it up too much. We want the focus to be on your performance, how well you've been doing, things like that." She told me.